E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I think My Mind is made Up Except on color

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orient Blue !
Old 11-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Let's see...based on the choices you're looking at.

Black does look sharp, diffficult to maintain, immediate delivery.

White looks good, easy to maintain, delivery delayed a month or so.

IMO, If the options on the black are what you want and you don't mind maintaining it, then GO FOR IT!

Otherwise, GO FOR the white, order the options you prefer and sit back and wait like the rest of us

Here's a few pics of white (in case you haven't seen them)

Alpine White
Old 11-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' date='Nov 6 2004, 03:38 PM
Sorry but I don't understand anyone buying a white car.
[snapback]53321[/snapback]
Why don't you understand it? Is it simply your personal taste or is there some other reason? Obviously, many of us love white...
Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

I don't like white. And I don't like green, or brown, or grey. But I can understand that some people do like those colours, except white. I'm not saying white is wrong, and no criticism of anyone who does like white. I'm just saying I don't understand what anyone can like about a white car.

Perhaps it's because commercial vehicles (in the UK) are mostly white.

The police even buy their cars in silver because the resale value is so poor for white cars.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Now these look great imo.
Attached Thumbnails I think My Mind is made Up Except on color-diablo117.jpg   I think My Mind is made Up Except on color-04b9g533925906c.jpg  
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

How about a RED car my dealer said you can get any color bmw has ever painted for a $1500 charge why not be different I found about it to late
Old 11-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Contributors

From the M5 Board, the New Ring TaxiM5 Board Thread with Credits

I think My Mind is made Up Except on color-ringtaxi_2005.jpg

White is looking pretty good to me, but would prefer the Interlagos Blue one.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

Interlagos blue......ooohlala, love that color. Not available, M only?

I think My Mind is made Up Except on color-post_3_1090050323.jpg

IMHO black shows the lines very well. When the car is shiny the light reflections on different surfaces shows the lines BETTER than white. No doubt the car looks more sinister/agressive in black.

P.S. the tail pipes on the M5 are 1/2" too long , just like the 645i.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Guest_2004Rtype_*

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Nov 7 2004, 01:13 PM
Interlagos blue......ooohlala,? love that color.? Not available,? M only?

Attachment 3139

IMHO? black shows the lines very well.? When the car is shiny the light reflections on different surfaces shows the lines BETTER than white.? No doubt the car looks more sinister/agressive in black.

P.S.? the tail pipes on the M5 are 1/2" too long ,? just like the 645i.
[snapback]53551[/snapback]

Thanks for the all replies

Like a nut I was up at the local dealer before they have a few car outside to look at, I was not the only nut, 8 other guys showed up in the 30 minites I was there LOL

Well I saw a white 530 sport, to be honest I hate the white in this car it just doesnt give it any Impact, looks dull.

They had a nice orient blue I think its called , dark blue metalic with beige 545isport

It looks quite stunning

then the black/blk 545isport to me still looks the BEST.

The blue is very nice, but two ladies have the same color of there 530 sports in my town Id hate to be the third blue bmw to see everyday.

So the BLACK it IS, I may be able to take delivery by FRIDAY for sure, if my insurance agent gets off ehr but and gets all the paperwork to the dealer in time.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_2004Rtype_*' date='Nov 7 2004, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the all replies

Like a nut I was up at the local dealer before they have a few car outside to look at, I was? not the only nut, 8 other guys showed up in the 30 minites I was there LOL

Well I saw a white 530 sport, to be honest I hate the white in this car it just doesnt give it any Impact, looks dull.

They had a nice orient blue I think its called , dark blue metalic with beige 545isport

It looks quite stunning

then the black/blk 545isport to me still looks the BEST.

The blue is very nice, but two ladies have the same color of there 530 sports in my town Id hate to be the third blue bmw to see everyday.

So the BLACK it IS, I may be able to take delivery by FRIDAY for sure, if my insurance agent gets off ehr but and gets all the paperwork to the dealer in time.
[snapback]53566[/snapback]
good choice . so now let's talk about cleaning products . btw, if you currently have insurance, you can take the car any day. don't have to wait for your agent. he/she will send the paperwork to your dealer after. what i did is call for a quote before p/u the car (you don't need to do that if you don't want to), picked up the car, called the agent the next day and told her my vin. that's it .

Quick Reply: I think My Mind is made Up Except on color