E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:11 AM
e6t
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, i've owned the 09 535 for about 3 weeks at this point and im already over-interested in mods.

i cant decide the order in which i should do them and im all over the place.

i want a carbon fiber dash/door trim kit, but cant seem to find the exact one for my car. they all seem to be for pre-lci.

also, i would like a m-tech body kit and would like to know where i can get one pre-painted. lastly, im thinking about some M166s. I would "settle" for a front lip, but again, can't find one for my car. They all seem to be for 08s or older.

it seems as though I want an M5...

Any direction on where to go for this stuff will be greatly appreciated!

help?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by e6t' post='913154' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:11 AM
so, i've owned the 09 535 for about 3 weeks at this point and im already over-interested in mods.

i want a carbon fiber dash/door trim kit, but cant seem to find the exact one for my car. they all seem to be for pre-lci.

also, i would like a m-tech body kit and would like to know where i can get one pre-painted. lastly, im thinking about some M166s. I would "settle" for a front lip, but again, can't find one for my car. They all seem to be for 08s or older.

help?
CF trim - ask Nerwyll (member nerweezy) to hook you up with carbon fibre fabric. It is about 40 bucks per sheet and putting it on is a DIY. Search and you shall find. But as opposed to spending ridiculous amounts of time and money getting replacement trim, do this - people that have done it swear by it and say it feels better than the stock BMW trim. Again, use the power of the search button.

M-Tech kit is available from Umnitza- that is if you want a replica. OEM ones are more expensive and you'd have to "hunt" for them. Umnitza (member on this forum as well, name "umnitza") also has M5 replica kits (which IMO is a much better looking kit). Again, search and you shall find.

166 wheels: if you want OEMs, find a vendor named Garry of Newport BMW (could be Newport Beach BMW - I'm not too sure). He will provide you the BEST deal on brand new ones. I suggest also looking through classifieds - keep in mind that wheels can be re-finished to like-new condition for about 85-125 bucks a wheel, as long as they aren't completely destroyed.

If I were shopping for rims, I'd definitely also consider VMR rims

As far as I know, there are only two lips for the LCI cars - Alpina and AC Schnitzer - neither of which are really worth the $$, but google it - you might feel differently. I'll applaude any effort to try and be unique, so anything other than an m-tech or m5 kit is generally of interest to me. But most other people on here agree that M5 and M-tech are the best looking kits.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 AM
e6t
Senior Members

i really like this one and i'd rather keep it subtle with a lip, maybe some m5 skirts a trunk finisher.

again, its for a previous year and crazy expensive...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by e6t' post='913185' date='Jun 16 2009, 07:37 AM
i really like this one and i'd rather keep it subtle with a lip, maybe some m5 skirts a trunk finisher.

again, its for a previous year and crazy expensive...

Hmmm, I wonder if they make a replica of this one? I agree it is subtle and I like subtle (I prefer REAL performance mods than body mods - like superchargers, bbks, chips, and suspension)
Old 06-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

OP: please post your location so members local to you can recc shops and vendors close to you.

also, please read my post here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=907345

BTW: 166's before the Mtech kit will look good Just check my gallery
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

i would recommend starting at the wheels first, as they make the biggest impact as far as asthetics (on the outside) go. it's funny how just the wheels will either make or break the look of the car, so use due diligence when searching for wheels (and there are hundreds of them). i may be bias here but the 166's are a great choice! if you ask me. and for the price from Garry Romani you can't go wrong.

good luck
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by e6t' post='913154' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:11 AM

help?
Yes..get an M5!

Mtech kit and CF-call Nerweezy(Nerwyll) Trinity Autosport.
M166-call Garry from BMW Newport, RI.

Just remember, when modding..take your time!