E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I have a new found appreciation for my E60.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

I have similar expectations from a rental car as you (and have also had a similar experience with the condition of Dollar cars in Florida)...so I'm glad that they compensated you in some way, for the inconvenience if nothing else. Interesting that there are such diverse opinions on this topic...

Anyway, alls well that ends well.....
Old 09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i; Titanium Silver II; Sport Package; Cold Weather; Navigation; 3M Clear Bra; Alpine IPOD Interface; MOMO GTR Tech 19" Wheels; Heated Wheel; Smoked Hella Taillights

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='977378' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:57 AM
I have been in Florida the last couple of weeks on holiday, I decide to upgrade my hire car to a convertible. All I have to say is OMG what a piece of crap, I got the car from Dollar and I ended up changing it 4 times due to stuff being faulty in the list below:

1st car - Shaky steering at 60 + very noticeable vibration through brake pedal when braking + steering pulls to the right + hand prints all over paint work (the car looked like a clunker).
2nd car - Didnt even leave the hire place due noticing the front bumper being loose at the front + missing seat adjuster button.
3rd car - I was happy with this car until it ate my brand new cd + knocking noises at low speeds. Wasnt looking to have it changed but they swapped it out anyway.
4th car - Smelt terrible + shaky steering + more dents on the bodywork than a destruction derby car.

I am still deciding whether to write a complaint letter or not, the attitude of the customer service people was the worst i have even seen. The girl at the Jetport branch was very nice and helpful, I did waste 2 days of my holiday driving to different dollar depots though. I heard that they are keeping their cars longer than normal due to the recession, i really shows.

When I got home I took may car out for a drive to my local Maplin, I came back on the motorway. I love the smoothness of the ride in my car, maybe thats why I was so miffed with the hire cars they couldnt even look at my E60 .
Recently I took a long work related trip to Michigan and rented a Cadillac CTS. At first it was very hard to get used to the heavy front end feeling. It felt unresponsive and slugish. Interior controls and buttons were layed out everywhere without rhime or reason. At 70 miles plus the front end vibrated. Besides the edgy look to it this car comes nowhere close to my 545i. I was so happy to get back and drive a real drivers car.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by arsenalfc' post='1006536' date='Sep 13 2009, 08:31 PM
Recently I took a long work related trip to Michigan and rented a Cadillac CTS. At first it was very hard to get used to the heavy front end feeling. It felt unresponsive and slugish. Interior controls and buttons were layed out everywhere without rhime or reason. At 70 miles plus the front end vibrated. Besides the edgy look to it this car comes nowhere close to my 545i. I was so happy to get back and drive a real drivers car.
When I rent cars I always go with Hertz Prestige collection if I am arriving at an airport that has them. My all time favs from the Prestige Collection are:

1. Corvette ZHZ (my favorite of all).

2. Infiniti M35

3. Infiniti G37

4. Audi A6.

If I need a giant SUV as I did during my 2 month trial in LA last winter, I go Lincoln Navigator over Caddy Escalade (much more storage room because the third row folds flat. With Escadale, you would have to remove the third row seats from the vehicle to get a flat floor).

None of the above compares to my 550. But Corvette, of course, is astonishingly fast -- so much faster than my 550).