E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I have had my car a year today

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is one year old today and has 11,186 miles on it. I am still using version 11.2 software. I am considering an upgrade solely to get a tighter feel to the active steering. I have the usual software & quality issues - in dash cd goes back to #1 song 75% of the time - once in a while the drivers side window will stop half way up - my front ashtray lid gets stuck on the lighter (use the power for radar) - headlight brackets have cracks. I have the Dunlop run flats, they still have plenty of tread and don't make much noise - they will go another year easy. The silver grey looks clean and nice even when it isn't. The grey interior is not hard to keep clean (kids are in college) and always stays cool. The BMW phone works great, the Logic7 is the best. My car is relatively simple - no Nav., six-speed manual. I don't plan any mods - did the red reflectors because black looked lame. Have the front license plate because I'm driving the car not looking at it (less interaction with police the better). I have been on some long road trips through California mountains, deserts and freeways and the car always excelled. After a year, I would buy (I bought, didn't lease) another 2004 545i in a minute, it is a wonderful automobile. Thanks to all of the members of this forum that helped me though the year. There were not many e60s out there when I got mine. There was nobody to ask (dealers knew nothing)until I found the www.bmw545.com site that became the www.e60.net site we know today. I appreciate all your help, answers and insights, many thanks. A special thanks to Mark (Lomag) and Dave (das) for all your hard work and passion for the e60 and this website.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:46 AM
JDN
Contributors

That's a good report, juan2mini. I share a lot of your thoughts and experience. A software upgrade might solve some of those nuances, but not all. I would swear my driver's window did a quick stop on the way up the other day -- and then recovered. If I did not have an E60, I would be shopping for one.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Sapphire Black 545i, Auburn interior, PDC, Fold-down rear seats, Nav, Premium sound

good info to know - thanks!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

glad to hear we have another happy e60 owner here .
Old 11-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by juan2mini' date='Nov 10 2004, 11:57 AM
My car is one year old today and has 11,186 miles on it. I am still using version 11.2 software. I am considering an upgrade solely to get a tighter feel to the active steering. I have the usual software & quality issues - in dash cd goes back to #1 song 75% of the time - once in a while the drivers side window will stop half way up - my front ashtray lid gets stuck on the lighter (use the power for radar) - headlight brackets have cracks. I have the Dunlop run flats, they still have plenty of tread and don't make much noise - they will go another year easy. The silver grey looks clean and nice even when it isn't. The grey interior is not hard to keep clean (kids are in college) and always stays cool. The BMW phone works great, the Logic7 is the best. My car is relatively simple - no Nav., six-speed manual. I don't plan any mods - did the red reflectors because black looked lame. Have the front license plate because I'm driving the car not looking at it (less interaction with police the better). I have been on some long road trips through California mountains, deserts and freeways and the car always excelled. After a year, I would buy (I bought, didn't lease) another 2004 545i in a minute, it is a wonderful automobile. Thanks to all of the members of this forum that helped me though the year. There were not many e60s out there when I got mine. There was nobody to ask (dealers knew nothing)until I found the www.bmw545.com site that became the www.e60.net site we know today. I appreciate all your help, answers and insights, many thanks. A special thanks to Mark (Lomag) and Dave (das) for all your hard work and passion for the e60 and this website.
[snapback]54601[/snapback]

Hey Juan,

If you didn't get your anthracite trim piece, I think I've got the correct number now.

Have you looked into Bluetooth capability/upgrade in your vehicle?

I've been a bit worried what the software upgrade might do to my existing v60 plone, so I have held off as well.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Gizmo:
No, I have not gotten the anthracite trim piece yet. I think you and I needed the same piece - cubby, no nav. I have not had much luck getting the correct part #, I will gladly take it - thanks. I believe there is a manufacture date, after my car's 09-2003, needed for the Bluetooth upgrade. Maybe March 2004, not sure - anyone know? Yea, I am reluctant to get a software update for the "minor" issues I have. I'm just not sweating the small stuff.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Members

Well, I only had mine for 3 months and I'm totaly happy with my choice. After spending more than a year to decide what MB E shoud I had gone for, I've finaly decide for the E60 and I must admite, I wouldn't change it for nothing. Unless another E60 more powerfull, of course...
Old 11-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by fpinto' date='Nov 10 2004, 06:00 PM
Well, I only had mine for 3 months and I'm totaly happy with my choice. After spending more than a year to decide what MB E shoud I had gone for, I've finaly decide for the E60 and I must admite, I wouldn't change it for nothing. Unless another E60 more powerfull, of course...
[snapback]54736[/snapback]
That would be the ///M5 my friend !!!

I've got my eye on one of them for MY 2007...

Can you do ED for an M5 ??? Hope so ...
Old 11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Today is my car birthday. She is 1 year old. She has 9000 on her odometer and loving it.

Every one is welcome to sing her happy birthday mystic turtle.

e60 mystic blue 525i - 11/10/2003

Old 11-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Nov 11 2004, 01:45 AM
Today is my car birthday. She is 1 year old. She has 9000 on her odometer and loving it.

Every one is welcome to sing her happy birthday mystic turtle.

e60 mystic blue 525i - 11/10/2003

[snapback]54755[/snapback]
I have had my car a year today-00003653.gif

Quick Reply: I have had my car a year today