E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I hate gardeners

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I have to paint the right side doors, or what?
I'm very distracted.
Any advises, friends ?

I hate gardeners-dscn1856_.jpg
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM
IMU
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF!

What was he doing with his tools on your car?!?!

I am sorry man...
Old 11-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='203728' date='Nov 26 2005, 06:32 PM
Now I have to paint the right side doors, or what?
I'm very distracted.
Any advises, friends ?

Attachment 12967
I am sorry about your bad experience; not good to say the least. And, yes, you would have to repaint to get the best quality. Paint shops often will tell you that they can't spot paint and have the result look right. That's not completely true though. It can be done, but the clear-coat "seams" may not look good after several years. I have had spot painting done; it should be very inexpensive for you. Go to an excellent paint shop. My results have reduced the problems to unnoticeable. The shop may be unwilling to guarantee its work because of the clear-coat issue, but who cares? The fix should be inexpensive, look great, and could be redone in several years if necessary.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Try going to one of those "paintless dent removal" places. Do they have those shops in Greece? Maybe they can fix it. Some shops even have the capability to expertly spot paint it for you. I had a friend who took his Audi to one of those places and they did a real good job, and it looks like his dents/chips are worst than yours.

I'd hate for you to go to the body shop, you know they will say they will have to paint the whole entire door just to fix it. Then it won't look the same again.

Sorry
Old 11-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMU' post='203732' date='Nov 27 2005, 01:37 AM
WTF!

I am sorry man...
Some long tools or metal tubes was protruded backwards, out of his handcart's handles and when he was turned close by the car, something sharp scared it.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='203745
WTF!

I am sorry man...
Some long tools or metal tubes was protruded backwards, out of his handcart's handles and when he was turned close by the car, something sharp scared it.
[/quote]
sorryy about the damage..
what a great avatar photo love to have that one or one like it
Old 11-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='203745
WTF!

I am sorry man...
[/quote]Dent-buster type places will not be able to deal with your problem. It's either apply bandaids or get the painting done. I strongly recommend trying what I mentioned above at the best paint shop you can find that will do the work. That's what I do. Just tell them up front what you want and that you don't expect the work to be guaranteed.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Happened to me once. I parked at the dentist's offcie and when I came back out, some idiot had mowed the grass and had thrown grass and stones all over the front of my E39. I had three paint chips!!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Niko

I had a small scratch in my rear panel that scratched the paint but did not damage the underlying metal.

The local dealer wanted to repaint the entire panel. I took it to a small dent removal shop who simply sanded and repainted around the mark. The repair is absolutely perfect.

Look for a small shop who may try a localized repair. I think that is the way to go if possible. The black saphire I am told is an easy color to match.

Good luck.

Tassos
Old 11-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='203967' date='Nov 27 2005, 01:59 PM
Niko

I had a small scratch in my rear panel that scratched the paint but did not damage the underlying metal.

The local dealer wanted to repaint the entire panel. I took it to a small dent removal shop who simply sanded and repainted around the mark. The repair is absolutely perfect.

Look for a small shop who may try a localized repair. I think that is the way to go if possible. The black saphire I am told is an easy color to match.

Good luck.

Tassos
Good advice if the dent shop does painting. I'd still want to go to the best possible though. If its Dent Busters, then so be it.

Quick Reply: I hate gardeners