E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I had a WTF day...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear about your terrible day. Hope everything works out the best for you.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

It looks as though the cop caught "Public Enemy Number 1"!!! About time too, you drive like a MANIAC!! Hope it all gets sorted out FAST!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

My comments based on first hand experience regarding speed detection via "pacing"

-In GA, you CAN get a ticket via this method: day or night
-The PO normally states the distance paced (e.g. 2 miles)on the ticket
-The PO normally notes if you passed any speed limit signs during observation
-In court, it's your word against the PO.
-If your driving record is good you can pretty much get the points dropped, but expect to pay some $$$
-if the judge ever asks what kind of car you were driving - ur F*CKED.

Hope this works out.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pukka
My comments based on first hand experience regarding speed detection via "pacing"

-In GA, you CAN get a ticket via this method: day or night
-The PO normally states the distance paced (e.g. 2 miles)on the ticket
-The PO normally notes if you passed any speed limit signs during observation
-In court, it's your word against the PO.
-If your driving record is good you can pretty much get the points dropped, but expect to pay some $$$
-if the judge ever asks what kind of car you were driving - ur F*CKED.

Hope this works out.
I beg to differ. He should do what I did in a very similar situation. Chances are, unless there was some verbal sparring, the cop won't remember him from diddly squat. He should start interviewing the cop by asking when he first noticed him. Chances are the cop is going to give the standard "I noticed you when you were weaving in and out of traffic." Preferably have him draw on paper the highway and your position related to any exits, etc. Continue with some skilled questioning feeding him some info but not all. When he changes his story of how he first noticed you, ask him if he remembers saying that he first noticed him when he was weaving in and out of traffic. He will say "yes" and then the defendant should turn to the judge and ask in very polite terms to dismiss based on the incompetency of the witness. It worked for me. Do a search for the complete story. It's important to remember that people have the right to actually ask questions to the accuser and not jusrt state their case to the judge like 99.9% of people do. Treat this as an actual trial case. You question the cop and he can question any witness you bring. The cop cannot question you, however.

Best of luck
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

I would be more pissed about the bumper than the ticket; parking in any lot is like parking in a death lot since usually your car is twice the cost of others and most other cars are either old or fucked up already.

They couldn't care less about trading paint and scratching you up; this is why some people lease over own; they have full insurance for all the nutty drivers and they're not buying the car.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

sorry to hear, it seems like the police are out to get you in some cases just because you have a better car
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

[/quote]
I beg to differ. He should do what I did in a very similar situation. Chances are, unless there was some verbal sparring, the cop won't remember him from diddly squat. He should start interviewing the cop by asking when he first noticed him. Chances are the cop is going to give the standard "I noticed you when you were weaving in and out of traffic." Preferably have him draw on paper the highway and your position related to any exits, etc. Continue with some skilled questioning feeding him some info but not all. When he changes his story of how he first noticed you, ask him if he remembers saying that he first noticed him when he was weaving in and out of traffic. He will say "yes" and then the defendant should turn to the judge and ask in very polite terms to dismiss based on the incompetency of the witness. It worked for me. Do a search for the complete story. It's important to remember that people have the right to actually ask questions to the accuser and not jusrt state their case to the judge like 99.9% of people do. Treat this as an actual trial case. You question the cop and he can question any witness you bring. The cop cannot question you, however.

Best of luck
[/quote]
totally agree w/ him... Would have the greatest chances of wining rather than being at the mercy of the judge... Fuck that.