E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I had a WTF day...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

So this morning I got a ticket for doing 100 in a 65. TOTAL BS! According to the trooper he "clocked" me by following me and "estimated" I was doing at least 100 because it took him a while to catch me. First of all it was in traffic this morning. (I was doing 75 when he pulled me over) I admit I was speeding, but closer to 80 or less! On the ticket he checked off "clocked" and "estimated". I'm definitely going to fight this.

If he wrote the ticket for around 80 which I was doing I would just shut up and pay the ticket. This is the kind of crap that pisses me off. I think he got overly excited watching and hearing me go by. He definitely wasn't running radar or laser since my detector didn't go off. He just noticed my M5 and probably thought to himself that guy is driving too fast. i bet if I was in my wifes Acura he would have sat there and not bothered with me.

On another note. Later this afternoon I was at the grocery for a total of 10 minutes and came out to this...

It a little hard to see, but it's a nice impression of an older GM bumper on my front end. I remember the car. They must have backed into me when they were leaving. Of course no note was left.

So my total for the day so far is about $1000 on the ticket and damage to my bumper. I should have stayed in bed today. I think I'm staying in for the rest of the night.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Guess they were an eisenmann fan
Old 05-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about this stuff man. I think these days happen to us all.

I would defintely fight the ticket. Anyone can chew apart the "pacing" tickets in court.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

That is a pretty crappy day man. Sorry to hear about it. Definitely contest the ticket. If the officer didn't have his radar going or anything to support his speed claim, then it won't go any further. At least that's how it would work here in the UK. Hope it all goes well concerning that and getting your front bumper sorted out too.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

Sucks man . Go play some MW2 to take your anger out .
Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Thanks everyone so far...

Originally Posted by 5FOUR5
Guess they were an eisenmann fan
At least I'm laughing. lol

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Sucks man . Go play some MW2 to take your anger out .
I don't play as much as I used to. I played last night and boy do I suck at it now.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Sorry about the ding. No security camera's at the grocery? The ticket is BS and so is the loser who hit and ran. :thumbsdown:
Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

M5's in general just looks like it's 20mph faster then everybody else.....

Your radar detector may not be able to pick up officer's signal (if he was using laser), the "beam" is too narrow to pick up unless the officer aimed the laser right at or near the detector's antenna. The officer used the term "approximate speed" because there is some error in the read out dependent on the angle in which the laser or radar was shot. He/She can only make a firm read out if you're approaching or leaving the location of the gun from a 90 degree angle.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Sorry to hear about all that stuff...hope you get it all sorted out...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Man that is a long day... that sucks that the trooper wouldn't cut you a break. In RI now the troopers are patrolling all the time. its just easier to set the cruz' control, sit back and enjoy the ride. Hit the track for some real fun but then again... hell i hate driving sub 70 to work and home... man... I wish they would just PAVE THE BAY and make it limited access for high speed driving.

Quick Reply: I had a WTF day...