E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I GOT OFF WITH A WARNING!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

So my lady and I left the movie theater about 30 minutes ago. I was stopped at a red light about to make a left. I notice a cop pulled over in a parking lot to the left/front of me. I just installed my white led side markers yesterday and today I installed the white led turn signals in the front (thanks John/Brabus!!) So anyway I had my left turn signal on and the white leds must have attracted some unwanted attention.

As I make the left, I see him pull out of the parking lot behind me. Anticipating being pulled over, I quickly search for the remote to make my motorized front license plate street legal. Sure enough, as soon as I drive to an area safe enough to pull over, the dreaded 5-0 lights flash in my rear view mirror.

The typical license and registration ordeal follows, and I ask why I am being pulled over. He tells me that my "aftermarket lights are not street legal and you're missing your front license plate". I quickly reply, "I bought the car this way, though I'm pretty sure these lights are legal in Oregon. And I most certainly do have my front license plate on." With a doubtful look on his face, he walks to the front of my car and he replies WORD FOR WORD, "What the fu@k?" HAHAHAHA

Long story short, he walks back to his car with my license, registration, and insurance card. I wait about 5 minutes or so, thinking he's writing me a ticket for the lights and that I need to write a letter to contest the infraction. He comes back and says, "I'm letting you off with a warning."

The motorized hide-away plate was worth EVERY penny!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

LOL!!!!

That's why I also have the motorized one! I still gotta install it in my new car! U should've recorded what happened! MOTORIZED RETRACTABLE LICENSE PLATE! PRICELESS!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

I got mine a couple weeks ago and have it sitting in the driveway somewhere. I really need to install it.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i- Cold weather package, OEM 128's 20"

Thats hilarious, I would have loved to see the look on that cops face ... finally we win one civilian cop battler. Where can I get one??? I've only seen one website wheres everyone else getting theirs???
Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

haha yes! that's so awesome,when i get my m style front put on im putting that motorized plate on and i know it wont be long till i get pulled over for no plate and a hoping to get the same reaction from the cop lol because up north where im at they are extremely bored and have even seen them u turn on the freeway to come back to give me a tinted windows ticket when my windows weren't even tinted in the front.hes all i pulled you over for your front windows being tinted,me and my girl looked at each other laughed and were all there not tinted and rolled them up and hes all ohh uhhhhh im sorry my mistake. now was the really necessary to go threw the ditch on the middle of the freeway to give me a fix it ticket??

sorry got off track there but congrats on the plate being used in that affect i wish i could have seen that it must have been had not to smile when hes all what the fuck lol,..
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

haha awesome!!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Perfect!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Damn, makes me want one and I don't even need a front Plate for Florida. Good story to start my day!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Reading stories like that makes me want to get one immediately. The reaction of the cop is priceless and way worth the price of the motorized plate. hahaha

Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Hahahah that awesome