E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Drive reset?? Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,
Hoping you can help, bought my 2005 525d (e60) couple of days ago and its used, the previous owner has all of the radio stations and idrive setting set up and i would like to reset this to factory settings to set up myself. Can this be done? If so please can you tell me how.

Would really apprictae it.

if this can be done then how do i delete radio staions that the last owner has saved??

Please help

Stu
www.stuarm.com
Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Contributors

stu, you can manualy enter your own stations or select search/scan/set to automaticly find the best stations in your area, that are then displayed on screen for you to scroll through.
just have a play with your idrive controler, you wont break it, and you will learn very quickly.

have fun.

david
Old 11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Welcome to the Forum stuarm.

Did you get the "Owners manual"?

Read it!

Otherwise all the fine features of your new car may never be found!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='732208' date='Nov 26 2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the Forum stuarm.

Did you get the "Owners manual"?

Read it!

Otherwise all the fine features of your new car may never be found!

Thanks for you reply, if i had the manual then i would have read it any help would be good please!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by stuarm' post='732934' date='Nov 27 2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for you reply, if i had the manual then i would have read it any help would be good please!
You should be able to install some radio stations with the iDrive,
as the "web designer" you are (or a cracker maybe?).

If not, get a manual from your dealers.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Stu,

There is no "Master Reset", and disconnecting the battery will only cause you to lose the time! (Although if your car has Active Steering, it will need resetting, and will store a fault code).

Overwrite the previous owners music selections - won't take too long once you start.
A word of warning though, don't sit in your car for an hour or more playing with the radio - the car will be effectively switched on apart from the engine, and the battery drain is considerable. If you hear a "bong" and get a "Low Battery" alarm, it's time to get out of the car and lock it up, give the battery time to recover and then go out for a drive.
It's happened to me a couple of times, even with a new battery. Never failed to start though.

Mike
Old 11-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='732940' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:26 PM
You should be able to install some radio stations with the iDrive,
as the "web designer" you are (or a cracker maybe?).

If not, get a manual from your dealers.

Its all sorted now...no thanks to you. I thought forums were about helping each other rather that sarcasim, whats your problem?
Old 11-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AlwynMike' post='732943' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:26 PM
Stu,

There is no "Master Reset", and disconnecting the battery will only cause you to lose the time! (Although if your car has Active Steering, it will need resetting, and will store a fault code).

Overwrite the previous owners music selections - won't take too long once you start.
A word of warning though, don't sit in your car for an hour or more playing with the radio - the car will be effectively switched on apart from the engine, and the battery drain is considerable. If you hear a "bong" and get a "Low Battery" alarm, it's time to get out of the car and lock it up, give the battery time to recover and then go out for a drive.
It's happened to me a couple of times, even with a new battery. Never failed to start though.

Mike

Thanks Mike all sorted. Nice to see that there are some decent helpful people in this forum
Old 11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Glad you got things sorted...since you don't have a manual...the e60.net information page also provides them via pdf files..

http://www.e60.net/information/

enjoy the forums and congrats on your purchase, happy motoring
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='735053' date='Nov 30 2008, 06:28 PM
Glad you got things sorted...since you don't have a manual...the e60.net information page also provides them via pdf files..

http://www.e60.net/information/

enjoy the forums and congrats on your purchase, happy motoring
Thanks another helpful reply, shame about the sad sad git Ricracing above with nothing else to fill has sad little life than trying to be clever

Quick Reply: I Drive reset?? Help