E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Drive Monitor Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:11 AM
EMF
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a Metallic Silver 2002 3 series 318 coupe E46 with alot of extras. I have just got a 5Series E60 525d which is Carbon Black Metallic, Black Sport Dakota Leather, Automatic Transmission, Alarm System, M Sports Package, Velour Floor Mats, Anti Dazzle Rear View Mirror, Park Distance Control, Cruise Control, Professional Navigation System, BMW Assist, Bluetooth Interface, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler, Individual Sun Protetion Glazing, sliding armrest, keyless entry, Mtech 18inch rims, Sports Suspension, Multifuntional Steering Wheel, Rain Sensor & Automatic driving lihts, Electric Seats, Run Flat tyres, Privacy Glass, etc.....
Smile

I have had my E60 for 2 months. And over the weekend the dashboard monitor that displays the climate, entertainment, Navigation etc is not working anymore. Its just swiches on and off automatically and displays the word BMW. I am taking the car to the dealer this week but I would love to know what the problem is prior to taking it in. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM?????
Old 02-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Senior Members

If it displays BMW logo, then it's not the monitor which is not working. I believe it's the software which does not boot. Or maybe the ROM memory... The dealer should be able to fix it, I would not worry too much.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:31 AM
EMF
Members

My Ride: I have a Metallic Silver 2002 3 series 318 coupe E46 with alot of extras. I have just got a 5Series E60 525d which is Carbon Black Metallic, Black Sport Dakota Leather, Automatic Transmission, Alarm System, M Sports Package, Velour Floor Mats, Anti Dazzle Rear View Mirror, Park Distance Control, Cruise Control, Professional Navigation System, BMW Assist, Bluetooth Interface, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler, Individual Sun Protetion Glazing, sliding armrest, keyless entry, Mtech 18inch rims, Sports Suspension, Multifuntional Steering Wheel, Rain Sensor & Automatic driving lihts, Electric Seats, Run Flat tyres, Privacy Glass, etc.....

thanks. They mentioned that its a matter of updating the computer. Would you know whats the latest version of it? And is there any update that i need to do whilst the car is in for service??? Like i dont have the TV function, can that be done through the computer???
Old 02-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

Everything that can be updated by software will be updated probably by the dealer, judging from your problem. Maybe some hardware modules will be changed, but it is depending on many factors.

Sorry about TV, but there's no way it can be done this way.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 AM
EMF
Members

so how would you go about doing the TV function?
Old 02-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Senior Members

I cannot help you with that as TV in my car was never one of my favourite subjects. But you can search here on the forum, there's ton of info.

Can you update your location and in signature list you car?

Do you have Navigation?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by EMF' post='239957' date='Feb 14 2006, 06:11 AM
I have had my E60 for 2 months. And over the weekend the dashboard monitor that displays the climate, entertainment, Navigation etc is not working anymore. Its just swiches on and off automatically and displays the word BMW. I am taking the car to the dealer this week but I would love to know what the problem is prior to taking it in. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM?????
This is as close a match as I can find. Understand that this is BMWNA TSB but I believe just repackage of TSB for all locations.

SI B 84 08 05
Phone, Navigation Systems January 2006
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B84 08 05 dated June 2005.

(New) designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
CCC - CID Switches Between BMW Banner and Blank Screen

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 Car Communication Computer (CCC)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 Car Communication Computer (CCC)

SITUATION
The customer may complain that the Central Information Display (CID) switches between the BMW banner and a blank screen (resets). One of the following fault codes is stored:

(New) CCC-A FC "A468 LVDS cable break"

(New) CCC-BO FC "A3E4 fault in file system"

CAUSE
CCC Failure

PROCEDURE 1 (CCC-A FC A468)
On a customer complaint basis, and only if the above fault is stored, replace the CCC.

(New) PROCEDURE 2 (CCC-BO A3E4)

In order for this procedure to work properly, DIS V44 and Online Update "DIS_UPDATE_12.4_" must be installed on the DIS/GT1.

This procedure will only work if "CCC-BO FC A3E4 fault in flash file system" is stored. Do not clear the fault.

Perform a short test on the vehicle. If the CCC-BO is not recognized during the short test, perform an individual test on the module. The CCC may be resetting at the moment.

Page right and identify if "CCC-BO A3E4" is shown in the listing of faults. Switch to "Control unit functions" and select CCC-BO.

Select Identification and note the "Function software" from the "messages and results" box.

If the function software is 5.83.9, continue with the next step. If the function software is not 5.83.9, replace the CCC.

Page right and select DIS test plan "CCC complete B6512_50013"

Continue in the test plan until the screen "under fault evaluation A3E4 Control-module fault in CCC. Resetting CCC." At this point the flash file system is being corrected. It will take about 15 seconds to finish

On the next screen the following results are given "A3E4 Control module fault in CCC. Procedure: reprogram CCC (CCC-BO, CCC-ASK, CCC-A, CCC-ANT, CCC-GW)." Make a note of the GWCODE (warranty code) for vehicle programming in the comment box of the warranty claim.

Verify that the flash file error is corrected by ensuring the CID is shown on the BMW Banner and is not cycling. One reset may occur after the test plan has finished. After 3 minutes the system should be stable and not reset.

Update the complete vehicle per SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization, Programming) Procedure B, using the latest version of Progman.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Defect Code Refer to KSD

Labor Operation: Refer to KSD
Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Looks exactly what (as computer software engineer) I though it might be. Cobradav you're a goldmine.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:05 AM
EMF
Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='239976' date='Feb 14 2006, 06:56 AM
I cannot help you with that as TV in my car was never one of my favourite subjects. But you can search here on the forum, there's ton of info.

Can you update your location and in signature list you car?

Do you have Navigation?
sorry for the delay I was busy, I updated mt signiture. I have Navigation System Professional, why do you ask?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

Because you then have a CCC equiped car which makes TV retrofit easier and cheaper.

Quick Reply: I Drive Monitor Not Working