E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

i Drive MF Screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60, 330d Steptronic, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather,

I have been in several 3 series BMW's with navigation and when the car is started, a BMW logo is displayed on the screen.

When i start my car the screen is blank, untill the idrive controls display!. Is this normal. or do others get a BMW logo as the ingition is switched on?

Regards

2004 E60 with bluetooth and Business Sat Nav
Old 07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

EH? I get a BMW logo, then it goes to the lawyer screen, then it goes to iDrive screen.

Are you saying you don't get the lawyer screen either? If so, then WHOA! Some forum members will want to know how you did that.

Originally Posted by bravecat' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:27 PM
I have been in several 3 series BMW's with navigation and when the car is started, a BMW logo is displayed on the screen.

When i start my car the screen is blank, untill the idrive controls display!. Is this normal. or do others get a BMW logo as the ingition is switched on?

Regards

2004 E60 with bluetooth and Business Sat Nav
[snapback]154407[/snapback]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Members

You would do that by buying the car in the uk!! (The lawyer screen that is).
Old 07-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

He's in the U.K., no lawyer screen.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Members

My Ride: E60, 330d Steptronic, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather,

I live in the UK, so we don't get the lawyer screen, but should i get a BMW logo across the center of the screen as the system starts up...

BTW, i'm in the USA fro the next 3 weeks. great country! and petrol, sorry i mean GAS, is nearly free here well almost. don't stone me i know you guy's think its going through the roof!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

i am in the uk and no lawyer screen , this is the land of the free, however one little point on top gear the other day j c could adjust the lights on time in 1 sec intervals on mine in 10 secs anyone.................
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributors

tomwid, you get a BMW logo before the lawyer screen (you're in florida, right)?
i'm in california, and mine has no BMW logo at startup - straight to the 'accept' screen.
no biggie, but i'm curious...
Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

I think its to do with the lower graphics spec business / no nav computer - the screen is fine (some have DVDs / xboxes pluged in with no colour loss), but the M-ASK is a bit wimpy (please correct me if I am wrong - if you have bus/no nav and the BMW screen)
Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Auto/Prem/Xenon/Nav/Sirius

I'm in L.A. I get the bmw splash screen. It comes on when the key passes position 2 it think.

I like driving a car with a splash screen
And the lawyer screen doesn't bug me anywhere as much as some people! (the seat belt chime annoys the heck out of me in those situations where you've flipped the belt off while parking or whatever)

Originally Posted by daydok' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:01 PM
tomwid, you get a BMW logo before the lawyer screen (you're in florida, right)?
i'm in california, and mine has no BMW logo at startup - straight to the 'accept' screen.
no biggie, but i'm curious...
[snapback]154442[/snapback]
Old 07-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

first all replies above me come from fellow members who live in countries where i think the only nav system available is what we call "Professional/Pro Nav"

Second, in other countries, US in particular, BMW (to cover their ass) feel the need to display a legal disclaimer before drivers can use i-drive. its the "whuddya mean i need to watch the road, you should have warned me, i'm gonna sue"

in the UK you can have either Business Nav or Pro Nav, if you have Business Nav (as i used to in my first E60) then you do NOT see the BMW splash screen on idrive startup, if you have ProNav (as i have in my current E60) then you DO see the BMW splash screen.

the graphics/backgrounds are quite a bit different between Business Nav and ProNav. The ProNav screens have a lot more detail and sublte background images, but this is also why ProNav can seem slower, no such thing as a free lunch as they say

Quick Reply: i Drive MF Screen