E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Drive Menu /Coding screw up

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 09:50 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535I twin turbo basic for most part.. FAST
Default I Drive Menu /Coding screw up

Coding today and somehow jacked up my I drive menu. I hit the menus button and it seems to be an M sport menus. Was trying to code kombi for sport mode is there a way to reset to factory and will start over.

thanks for the help
Old 07-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

did you save a backup .trc file before you modified it? do you have CCC or CIC iDrive?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:39 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535I twin turbo basic for most part.. FAST

Originally Posted by KyleB
did you save a backup .trc file before you modified it? do you have CCC or CIC iDrive?
I backed it up . But wanted to figure out what the hell I did last night. I'm basically trying to code for sport mode without adding the shifter and stupid button. I thought if I could go into the ECU and change the vo order number it might work. Not successful. In the meantime I added the M drive to my menu which was freaking me out cuz it wasn't there before and I didn't know if it was going to f*** with my transmission. This coding s*** man you got to be careful. I guess I'm stuck doing a full retro just to have the sport function on my E60.

Thanks for the quick reply. This forum kicks ass people actually are willing to help instead of talk s*** all day long thinking they know everything and tell you to go search through 500 freaking pages of crap just to get to the meat on the bone. I am a new owner and have coded everything there is to code on my E60. Thought it was worth giving this sport module a try. Because I have CCC there are limitations unfortunately. I want to go cic but it's too much for the conversion.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

sounds like you have it reverted back to stock then. yes, coding can be dicey at times, but it sounds like youve done quite a bit of it. i have CIC in my E90, it is a huge upgrade but in all honesty, i also dont think its worth the hassle. id just revert back to stock and leave it. unless you have a 535i, 550i, or an M5, the E60 is nothing more than a nice, comfortable, "fast enough" cruiser of a car.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

These days, the thing to do is to reflash the transmission.

Check out xhp flashtool