E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I-drive faults

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ISUK (ragdude)
Who do car manufacturers get to test drive their new products???It seems to me that if BMW ,Merc, Audi etc. got a few enthusiasts who are used to spending their own money on new cars that a lot of the teething problems associated with new cars could be sorted well before product launch.
However it does call into question why we enthusiasts keep buying newly launched cars.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Senior Members

Mark,

I read somewhere that BMW produced around 300 or so pre-production E60's that were given to BMW staff for final real world everday testing before launch. These cars can't have had i-drive in them is all I can say.

I am very annoyed with BMW. The woman in customer services never bothered to call me back as promised. What a way to treat customers.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:58 PM

ISUK ( Ragdude ),
Me thinks at this rate you'll be soon ordering another car!!!!!!!!!
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Members

oops forgot to log in with last post
Mark
Old 03-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Senior Members

Had a call from BMW Customer Services. They have apologised for the inconvenience caused and have agreed to pick up the cost of my first service by way of a gesture of goodwill. The woman I spoke with was trying to be be helpful and suggested (somewhat hopefully) that I should not experience the cold weather issues I've had for much longer as it is now getting warmer with the onset of spring! I was left speechless...
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 AM

You can't fault her logic though!!!!!!
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Contributors

my idrive acted very funny last week. I just got my car on the march 19, then on the 20th i drove it on the city. suddenly the idrive warned me that i have flat tire..drive slowly. darn....i checked my tires and nothing wrong.

the BMW dealer said that it just a glitch, and it wont be come out again. they just reset my idrive.

phiuhh..fortunately, i dont have any of the glitches anymore until now. 450 miles.

otherwise, the car is ROCK!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Well so far I ahd 2 incidednts witht the I drive. The second one being the worst one. This happened about 2 moths ago.
I washed and waxed my car early on the day and then I cruise to pickup the baies at the sitters house. I parked the car went inside , got the babies out, load the trunk with their stuff and the babies in the car seats. It was getting a bit dark when I introduce the key, turned the car on and the car got POSSESED byChris Bangles little devil the wipers starting to go off, the interior lights, door locks, OBC, Active steering,horn, cruise, aribags,cruise, FTM & windows were not working nor obeying my input commands. A series of malfuntioning errors were being displayed on the I drive screen one after the other one. I tried resetting the car by shutting the car off and locking and unlocking; nothing. The babies were starting to melt. So I decide to press the SOS button, aperson cam on within a couple minutes and offer to be towed. No can do, have 2 babies. BMW assist offer no help besides taking teh car in ASAP to be checked. So I say bye, and dived into the trunk to start pulling fuses out. I got some out and then in the globe box I got a few out too. So far the exterior lights worked, no active sterring but the steering was very hard to turn. Made it home, next day I was cursing the Service rep out (poor guy). Took a few days to be fixed and installed all new software upgrades the car needed. Since then, no more problems and I have 7500 miles.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Darn man that sucks, but atleast you could get the assist people to not assist you if i push it i get the police department. And speaking on the software upgrade what is the latest revison number and how can i tell if i have it i tryed the button on the dash trick got some number which i copied down and when i put the car in the shop to replace the tcu, they had to reprogram the car but it is the same numbers as before so either that is not it or i have the latest that they are aware of. Also Don Juan does your sunroof close with the key off like the windows and do your seats automaticlly move to the preset memory settings between you and your wifes key as the video/dvd and manuel says it should i have to take the car back one day this week to get the tcu thing working and would like for them to take another wake at this feature.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

buddy? Posted on Mar 30 2004, 04:24 PM
? Darn man that sucks, but atleast you could get the assist people to not assist you if i push it i get the police department. And speaking on the software upgrade what is the latest revison number and how can i tell if i have it i tryed the button on the dash trick got some number which i copied down and when i put the car in the shop to replace the tcu, they had to reprogram the car but it is the same numbers as before so either that is not it or i have the latest that they are aware of. Also Don Juan does your sunroof close with the key off like the windows and do your seats automaticlly move to the preset memory settings between you and your wifes key as the video/dvd and manuel says it should i have to take the car back one day this week to get the tcu thing working and would like for them to take another wake at this feature.
Buddy, Yeah that was a nightmare. Yes my sunroof, windows, seat and door locks work for 1 minute (I think, I never timed it) after removing the key from the ignition. As soon as I open the drivers door, they are inactivated (unless I insert the key again). As far as the car returning to my memory setting, I don;t know. My wife has driven my car twice since Decemebr when I got it and has used my key. I have not given hher key yet, whcich she reminded me last night

Quick Reply: I-drive faults