E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

i-Drive error...one after another...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, first time for me to write here.
Have visited here many times and learned about useful information from many threads.

I'm having some i-drive issues with brand new 2010 E60 520d, which is produced in late 2009.
The car is equipped with Navigation and auto climate control, etc.

1. Auto climate control display doesn't work at all,

and 2. i-Drive doesn't recognize USB or MP3 player, etc.

When the car was first delivered in last December,everything was fine except for navigation.
At the time, navi's voice guide didn't work at all. (I didn't try using USB or mp3 player at the time.)
Service Adviser diagnosed it and replaced CIC, re-coded(updated) the vehicle. The car seemed to be perfect then.

Yesterday, after two weeks from the navigation was fixed, I found out that the climate control display on i-drive is not working!!!
(Maybe because I didn't have chance to drive it so often due to the snow...:-<)
Also, the USB port in the front glove box didn't seem to read all kinds of USB(only with music files)s I have.

I guess I have to visit the SA once again soon, but at this point a bit afraid of them...causing another trouble...

What could have caused the problem? Maybe program issue or some kind of wire not connected, or SA/mechanic messed something up?

If I get it fixed, would there be any chance that it's gonna affect powertrain? (Since I love how it runs these days.)

Thank you for your help in advance...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Could be just a software glitch, but I would never hesitate to contact the SA. G/L
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i sport/premium pkg, nav.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the problems. I actually had numerous problems when I first got my car but eventually got everything ironed out. Since your car is still under warranty, I would create a laundry list of issues / complaints and bring them into the SA. As long as they can duplicate the problem, they will either fix or replace anything that could be related to it. I assume that a car with as much technology as the E60 is going to have software bugs. Also, check on the board to see if anyone else with your make/model/year has had any other complaints and bring it up to them as well. If there is a bulletin on it they will fix it. Good luck. The car's awesome when everything works flawlessly.

Best,

- E.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Could be just a software glitch, but I would never hesitate to contact the SA. G/L
Thank you for your reply, I will get the vehicle diagnosed whenever time allows.

I really hope that the software updates doesn't affect car's powertrain or any other stuff which works fine.

BTW I'm learning many things about E60 from your past threads and replies
Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by eroc1200
Hello,

Sorry to hear about the problems. I actually had numerous problems when I first got my car but eventually got everything ironed out. Since your car is still under warranty, I would create a laundry list of issues / complaints and bring them into the SA. As long as they can duplicate the problem, they will either fix or replace anything that could be related to it. I assume that a car with as much technology as the E60 is going to have software bugs. Also, check on the board to see if anyone else with your make/model/year has had any other complaints and bring it up to them as well. If there is a bulletin on it they will fix it. Good luck. The car's awesome when everything works flawlessly.

Best,

- E.

Thank you for your comment. It's good to hear that problems are gonna be solved eventually
Next time I visit SA, I'll write down about everything has to be corrected and give him the list.(And tell them to make sure everything works fine!)
I really love the way car runs. And I guess, if there's no software bugs or infortainment problem, E60 might be the 100% perfect car.

Everytime I visit this forum I search about iDrive or software related threads, and this forum looks awesome!!
Feels like the best library or reference place for E60s.