E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I-Drive is awesome

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'm still amazed all the stuff i-drive can show when something breaks. Never had a car that told me when something goes wrong like this.

Well I was headed towards my brothers house today, and was picking up some speed, may have got up to 80 down this road. Well towards the bottom of the hill I see my I-Drive flash Flat Tire. I'm like WTF? So I pull over and sure enough my left back tire was slowly losing air.

Kinda sucks I'm rolling on a 15inch rim right now. Car looks so off balance.

I've gotta get the rim replaced after I drop the car off to get the m-tech painted and installed tommorow.

Having the spare on there kinda got me thinking, maybe I should get some black rims.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='733288' date='Nov 27 2008, 11:58 PM
I'm still amazed all the stuff i-drive can show when something breaks. Never had a car that told me when something goes wrong like this.

Well I was headed towards my brothers house today, and was picking up some speed, may have got up to 80 down this road. Well towards the bottom of the hill I see my I-Drive flash Flat Tire. I'm like WTF? So I pull over and sure enough my left back tire was slowly losing air.

Kinda sucks I'm rolling on a 15inch rim right now. Car looks so off balance.

I've gotta get the rim replaced after I drop the car off to get the m-tech painted and installed tommorow.

Having the spare on there kinda got me thinking, maybe I should get some black rims.
You said you gotta get the rim replaced. Did you mess it up or do you just need a new tire? Also, so you finally bit the bullet on the M-Tech ehh...?
Old 11-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Oops, I meant tire replaced, yeah the front is getting painted installed tomorrow. Its the umnitza, I was the guinea pig on the bumper which they just came out with. Looks identical to m-tech quality.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

Hey Phil let us know how that bumper turns out. PICS!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

can't wait to see the new bumper!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

I drive concept is great but I somehow feel BMW's implementation appears 'conflicting' considering I drive is for centralizing info. So for example issues like lights being on, auto screen wipe switched on, heated seats being on etc; all these are not 'centralized' and the driver's got to look for the little green lights at each individual feature to check if it's on or not yet most features are centralized in I drive. Other cars have all these indicated within the speedo area with little lights to indicate for example auto lights are now on, auto screen wipe is on so the driver wouldn't need to keep checking at each individual feature. I drive has so much info, simple and complex, yet there are what seem to be obvious omissions.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

From an efficiency standpoint, I-Drive just doesn't make sense to me. Why go through the different screens when a button can get it done with one motion and eliminate the need to take your eyes off the road? I know, I know.... "let's not go there.... again".
Old 11-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

+1,000,000
Old 11-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

black rims would look awesome.. but you need some shadowline trim first to complete the look.. cant wait to see bumper when its done.. GL
Old 11-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Took the rim to discount tire to get the tire fixed, and I came home and theres a f***ing scratch about 6 inches long on the chrome lip!! What do I do??

Quick Reply: I-Drive is awesome