E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I-Drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

So, after having my car for a few days I do have some minor annoyances.

1. When I press the remote to open the trunk, if I press it once quickly, trunk does not open. If I hold it too long, alarm goes off. I have to hold it for 1 sec. ("1 mississipi"), trunk opens.

2. When I change from CD to AM or FM, why do I have to wait 10 seconds before I can change stations or the stations come on?

3. When I get in the car, why do I have to have the i-drive ping 3 x before it boots up? I have to sit in my car about 20 seconds while I hit "accept", then drive off.

4. When I turn on the alarm and lock the doors with the remote, why do I have to wait a few seconds before it responds?

I have a MY05 545 with Nav., I know all these problems are probably software related. It could also be due to the cold weather ( -10 to -20 degrees C.). Anyone else noticed this, and can it be fixed? I never had these problems with my MY02 530i.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

1. The trunk delay has been exploxed in previous threads. "It's normal".

All the rest, I would take it in and have it checked. Maybe it's the cold. The dealer should be able to tell you that or offer a software upgrade to get those items fixed.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Dec 27 2004, 09:15 PM

1.? When I press the remote to open the trunk, if I press it once quickly, trunk does not open.? If I hold it too long, alarm goes off.? I? have to hold it for 1 sec. ("1 mississipi"), trunk opens.

2.? When I? change from CD to AM or FM, why do I have to wait 10 seconds before I can change stations or the stations come on?

3.? When I get in the car, why do I have to have the i-drive ping 3 x before it boots up?? I? have to sit in my car about 20 seconds while I hit "accept", then drive off.

4.? When I turn on the alarm and lock the doors with the remote, why do I have to wait a few seconds before it responds?

I have a MY05 545 with Nav., I know all these problems are probably software related.? It could also be due to the cold weather ( -10 to -20 degrees C.).? Anyone else noticed this, and can it be fixed?? I never? had these problems with my MY02 530i.
[snapback]72946[/snapback]
I have also had the same observations, the trunk release requires practice; when changing from CD or AM,FM their is a slight delay but not quite 10 seconds. When I get in my car I just start it and go, whether I hit accept or not. The auditable responce after locking the car is delayed and this also bothers me. I live in a warm weather climate so I do not believe this is the cause. These are just minor annoiances that will become second nature after a couple of weeks. Good luck and don't freeze.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Members

My Ride: Born Date 9, 1 2004. 2005 530i, silver gray, steptronic, nav, Adaptive xenon, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, premium sound pkg, Euro rear reflector. MP3 Enabled

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Dec 27 2004, 08:15 PM

1.? When I press the remote to open the trunk, if I press it once quickly, trunk does not open.? If I hold it too long, alarm goes off.? I? have to hold it for 1 sec. ("1 mississipi"), trunk opens.

2.? When I? change from CD to AM or FM, why do I have to wait 10 seconds before I can change stations or the stations come on?

3.? When I get in the car, why do I have to have the i-drive ping 3 x before it boots up?? I? have to sit in my car about 20 seconds while I hit "accept", then drive off.

4.? When I turn on the alarm and lock the doors with the remote, why do I have to wait a few seconds before it responds?

I have a MY05 545 with Nav., I know all these problems are probably software related.? It could also be due to the cold weather ( -10 to -20 degrees C.).? Anyone else noticed this, and can it be fixed?? I never? had these problems with my MY02 530i.
[snapback]72946[/snapback]
I have 2005 530i and I have noticed samething, but after couple weeks later. When I took first delivery of my car, it was quick and I never noticed, but after couple weeks later, I have noticed slow reponsiveness.
for now, I've got used to with slow responses. Since my car barely made to 1500k miles. I will mention it to dealer in my future first service check up.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545I Titanium Silver Metallic / Black Leather / Poplar Grain Wood Trim /Automatic Cold Weather Package / Heated Rear Seats / Xenon Headlights / Sirius Satellite Radio Leather Selector Lever w/Wood Inlay / Wood E-Brake Handle / Red Rear Reflectors / BMW All Weather Mats / BMW All Weather Trunk Liner / LoJack Anti-theft System

One of those pings is probably in response to the temp being under 37 F. I have that happen in my car too when I start it up and its cold in the morning. I have never experienced the delay your talking about regarding the am / fm/ cd. Trunk thing, I think is normal operation. Annoying, but I think thats just the way it works. You'll get used to it.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Members

My Ride: Born Date 9, 1 2004. 2005 530i, silver gray, steptronic, nav, Adaptive xenon, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, premium sound pkg, Euro rear reflector. MP3 Enabled

Originally Posted by Maximum25' date='Dec 28 2004, 09:13 AM
One of those pings is probably in response to the temp being under 37 F. I have that happen in my car too when I start it up and its cold in the morning. I have never experienced the delay your talking about regarding the am / fm/ cd. Trunk thing, I think is normal operation. Annoying, but I think thats just the way it works. You'll get used to it.
[snapback]73062[/snapback]
Today my Idrive just rebooted itself and I turned key off and turned it back.. system came back as normal.. but today wasn't that cold here in Va.
I don't think this is relate to cold weather. since this was happening after 2weeks after I purchase the car, which was in early november. I guess I have to get used to with slow reponsiveness.