E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I don't deserve my car....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Touring '05

I've only had it (535D Sport Touring) a week and I've managed to rip the bumper cover off by parking head on to a kerb.
Picture me on my drive... in the rain.... trying to push the dangling bit of plastic back on..... tears welling up....... awwwww.

It looks ok now - the gap between the wing and the bumper is a tiny bit bigger than it was, but you only know if you look hard.

I just wondered if there's any more "Modern Men" out there who will admit to feminine moments at times of crisis(es?).
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by elmbeck' post='472609' date='Sep 21 2007, 06:50 AM

I've only had it (535D Sport Touring) a week and I've managed to rip the bumper cover off by parking head on to a kerb.
Picture me on my drive... in the rain.... trying to push the dangling bit of plastic back on..... tears welling up....... awwwww.

It looks ok now - the gap between the wing and the bumper is a tiny bit bigger than it was, but you only know if you look hard.

I just wondered if there's any more "Modern Men" out there who will admit to feminine moments at times of crisis(es?).
My eyes are welling up just thinking about it mate.

Sounds like a nice piece of kit. Any pics?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Arrow

THAT certainly wouldnt happen if it were me, i have had some low body experiences in the 11 years i been driving,

Get a pic up of the damaged part(s)

Thanks

Be careful in future, E60s are very fragile when it comes to looks.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D Sport Touring '05

No pics of the car or damage yet - I do have some pics of the missus (but she looks like the back of your landy, so I can't see you being interested).
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

things happen man. and yes we all have had our moments as well.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I just scratched one of my wheels , my wife was with me and all she could say was "I'm so glad that it was you and not me ! " It goes in next week for a service and to get the wheel repaired...... Just get it fixed and life will be good !

Cheers
Old 09-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Ouch! that hurts!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

I have had such experiences as well. I backed into a 2.5 feet high pole once with my E60. Didn't see the thing at all. Suddenly biep beep beeeep BANG.

Luckily it was one of those poles that snap relatively easily when you hit it.

Damage: none whatsoever. The exhaust pipe took the blow.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='472697' date='Sep 21 2007, 10:44 AM
I have had such experiences as well. I backed into a 2.5 feet high pole once with my E60. Didn't see the thing at all. Suddenly biep beep beeeep BANG.

Luckily it was one of those poles that snap relatively easily when you hit it.

Damage: none whatsoever. The exhaust pipe took the blow.
Scratched by front bumper turning in a parking space with adjacent to an extraordinary high curb. Damn.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:41 AM
nmc
Members

My Ride: On order 530D Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown Comfort seats,sunroof,PDC, Nav pro,Aux In,Xenons, Alarm, tinted glass. ETD 27.06.07

Arranged to meet my wife in the supermarket yesterday. I got there first. She stormed in, 'what have you done to your car, the side is bashed in'. You can imagine what was going on in my head. Went out, saw the damage a 3 inch scrape on the front offside bumper. Eventually got home and prepared to attack the damage with some T-Cut. The first wipe of the cloth removed the entire scrape completely. No damage there, must have been a very big bug or some calcaire from the road. Cracked a good bottle of wine on the strength of that :-)

Quick Reply: I don't deserve my car....