E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I discovered a new world....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to everybody!
I need help, please!
I downloaded and installed Isobuster and I have the two ETK .bin files on the hard disk.Well the problem is that I don't get any .iso file after trying every possible extracting procedure out of Isobuster (v.1.6).
Do you know how to use correctly Isobuster in order to have two ETK.iso files?
Thanks in advance for the help and keep going with this terrific forum.
skorpyo25
Old 12-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by skorpyo25' date='Dec 5 2004, 12:11 AM
Hi to everybody!
I need help, please!
I downloaded and installed Isobuster and I have the two ETK .bin files on the hard disk.Well the problem is that I don't get any .iso file after trying every possible extracting procedure out of Isobuster (v.1.6).
Do you know how to use correctly Isobuster in order to have two ETK.iso files?
Thanks in advance for the help and keep going with this terrific forum.
skorpyo25
[snapback]64866[/snapback]
Ya for the ETK I didnt get any ISO files either... it looks like they just zipped the contents of the CD... sooooooooo I went ahead and burned that onto CD and everything installed ok but when I try to open the ETK it says database not found... so ya i need help too but oh wells...
Old 12-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Contributors

.bin files are pretty much teh same as .iso files. You can either use a brogram like Deamon tools and load them as virtual CD-Roms or you can use a program like Nero or Fireburner to burn the image on to CD.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Dec 5 2004, 04:52 AM
.bin files are pretty much teh same as .iso files.? You can either use a brogram like Deamon tools and load them as virtual CD-Roms or you can use a program like Nero or Fireburner to burn the image on to CD.
[snapback]64903[/snapback]
Thanks kigerka,
do you know if there must be a particular title for the CD, when file.bin is burning.
After burn, I tried but sysadm is answering "setup file not found" when I click on install ETK.
Still not getting any improvement...
skorpyo25
Old 12-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 5 2004, 03:24 PM
[quote name='kigerka' date='Dec 5 2004, 04:52 AM'].bin files are pretty much teh same as .iso files.? You can either use a brogram like Deamon tools and load them as virtual CD-Roms or you can use a program like Nero or Fireburner to burn the image on to CD.
[snapback]64903[/snapback]
Thanks kigerka,
do you know if there must be a particular title for the CD, when file.bin is burning.
After burn, I tried but sysadm is answering "setup file not found" when I click on install ETK.
Still not getting any improvement...
skorpyo25
[snapback]64932[/snapback]
[/quote]
sorry it was me on the upper post
Old 12-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

For the computer illeterate():
For those who don't want to burn a CD
1) Download the ISO
2) Get Daemon Tools
3) Run Daemon tools, and in the task bar (bottom right corner of your screen), right click it and go to Mount ISO and select the ISO
4) Go to My Computer and find your CD Drive and ... heh follow the instructions on the other thread to install it.

This way helps eliminate corruption in CDs then they are written, a problem some of you might be experiencing...
Old 12-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Be aware I think the confusion is that people are reffereing to these files as .iso. They are not iso's, they are .bin files and deamon tools will recognize these files and the sysadmin file should have no problem finding the disc. It searches for specific files on the cd and then it will install.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributors

ok, little improvment got today.
installed daemon tools, mounted image TIS on first device, mounted Image.bin ETK cd1 on second device, mounted image.bin ETK cd2 on third devide. Launched "install ETK" from sysadmin, select language, press ok....I got "C:\bmwtis\transbase\tbadm32.exe not found" !?!?!?
what the hell is that file now....
I am very close to give up...
skorpyo25
Old 12-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

You need to reinstall sysadm. If you reinstall sysadm the same way you did with the TIS CD and use the ETK cd it will work. Apperently there was a file missing in the SYSadm we got from TIS. Once you reinstall sysadm from the ETk cd, TIS will still be there. And then try to intsall ETK
Old 12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Dec 5 2004, 11:46 PM
You need to reinstall sysadm. If you reinstall sysadm the same way you did with the TIS CD and use? the ETK cd it will work. Apperently there was a file missing in the SYSadm we got from TIS. Once you reinstall sysadm from the ETk cd, TIS will still be there. And then try to intsall ETK
[snapback]65126[/snapback]
Bingo!!!!
thanks so much zippers525!!
You gave me the perfect tip!Reinstalled sysadmin from ETK...and everything worked properly!
Thanks and keep going with this beautiful forum.
skorpyo25

Quick Reply: I discovered a new world....