E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I can't win with my 04 545i

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see all the fixes. Let me start with mine so that you might feel a little better:

1. Clutch replaced
2. Battery replaced
3. Door seals replaced
4. Steering column replaced
5. Active Steering replaced
6. Active Body Control Unit replaced
7. Active Body hydrolic pump replaced
8. Active Body hydrolic lines replaced
9. Brake Pads replaced due to bad sensors
Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Members

I am starting to completely hate my 2004 530I. The thing that really makes me angry is the dealers horrible attitude.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I blame both the dealer and BMW for using crapy components in their $100k dollar vehicles.

Originally Posted by majesty2009' post='610058' date='Jun 25 2008, 06:32 PM
I am starting to completely hate my 2004 530I. The thing that really makes me angry is the dealers horrible attitude.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fastkevin' post='609535' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:03 AM
Your state would have some pretty pre-historic auto-buyer protection laws not to make the dealer take this car back. The first thing that stands out is you say they said it was an '05, meaning the sales paperwork would ay '05. If it's actually an '04, the sales contract is void. Secondly, the car being sold with unsafe tires on it would land the dealer in hot water. "Taping" together severed battery cables and selling the car would also cause the dealer some minor (sarcasm) problems as well. I have no idea what New Jersey's buyer protection laws are, but this being the 21st century and all, I would think talking to a lawyer might be advisable. If you don't get your money back with this peach, I would never buy a car in Jersey again. That's scary.
Fast Kevin
I have the better business bureau involved, as you see I have a load of money in it as I got it early may ,did the body work tires etc needed as well as a few mods I want, If I gave it back, its not an option as lose the good stuff i did !
I seeked BBB to get a resolution of paying for a BMW dealership to make good on the car and refund me fo rthe work done thus far. thanks for listening to my gripe , next time I go to the dealer and get that M5

I was struggling as I had no credit history coming from the UK and I go t financed by them at an awful rate , which was ironic as I went to my bank and they refied for 6.5 !
I still dont know how it all works
Anyhow I think the BBB will help go online and put 21st century union nj there are plenty of people unhappy me uncluded !
Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Dinan S Package

Sorry to hear. At least it's still under warranty
Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by paneristi' post='610091' date='Jun 25 2008, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear. At least it's still under warranty
unfortunatly its not it expired on the 3oth of May
Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW: 7" lift, 35" tires, PPE stage 7, MBRP turbo-back, back-up camera, trac bars, Bilsteins. Pine air freshener.

Originally Posted by northern-monkey' post='610090' date='Jun 25 2008, 06:51 PM
Fast Kevin
I have the better business bureau involved, as you see I have a load of money in it as I got it early may ,did the body work tires etc needed as well as a few mods I want, If I gave it back, its not an option as lose the good stuff i did !
I seeked BBB to get a resolution of paying for a BMW dealership to make good on the car and refund me fo rthe work done thus far. thanks for listening to my gripe , next time I go to the dealer and get that M5

I was struggling as I had no credit history coming from the UK and I go t financed by them at an awful rate , which was ironic as I went to my bank and they refied for 6.5 !
I still dont know how it all works
Anyhow I think the BBB will help go online and put 21st century union nj there are plenty of people unhappy me uncluded !
I dunno dude.. Being a biz owner, the BBB has solicited me on several occasions for money to join. They insinuate that they'll give you a good rating if you pay 'em. No sh*t. You're kinda asking the horse to bite the hand that feeds it. If it's your only option then you have no other choice. If you can afford it however, I would advise at least talking to an attorney. Selling an '04 as an '05 is plain fraud. Taping battery cables together, and sending you on your way with unsafe tires is putting your safety in jeopardy.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I have a 2005 545 with 50K+ miles and I have not had any serious problems. The only thing I've had done was upgrades to the software for a variety of minor "behavioral problems" that have all been resolved. A+ on the reliability scale for me.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Doesn't a "Lemon Law" apply here?????
Old 06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

I purchased my 04 545i pre-owned last year with 45XXX on it. I drive a LOT (sales role) and now I'm over 80XXX miles.
I haven't had any MAJOR problems like people on this forum have, but there have been plenty of small things that just keep adding up.
A sensor here, some nonsense there and I'm finding myself at the dealer every week or two. I recently had that emissions message pop up and it ran me a cool 500. I'm too afraid to let anyone else work on the car besides the dealer, for risk of them F'n it up.

I dont have warranty anymore, which i regret not extending. This is my first BMW, and the constant worry-some feeling of something MIGHT be going wrong again soon just sucks. I've NEVER experienced this much headache with a car, not even in my american cars. My friends with BMW's all are in the same boat.

I really LOVE the car to death, but I often question my purchase. Its just a headache - drop of the car, pick it up, blah blah blah and then always have a bill of at least a few hundred for the smallest issues.

I just got the emissions error handled, and now what i think is the belts are screeching loud as all hell. i know its at least going to run me around 300 based off of what ive read here, and have to squeeze in pickups and dropoffs during the work week.

I often here about "german engineering" being so great, but if it is that great - why do we always have problems with these cars?
I dont even think its because I bought a 'used' car, because I find a lot of new owners go through the headache as well on brand new vehicles.
Now i'm wondering how many miles I can get out of this thing w/o anything major going wrong.

Quick Reply: I can't win with my 04 545i