E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I can't win with my 04 545i

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:26 PM
mk4
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Ipod, 35% Tinted windows

Purchase: 4/25/08
Drop off Repair: 5/7/2008
Pickup from Repair: 5/22/2008
Repaired the following:
1) Replaced defective steering angle sensor
2) Replace defective battery
3) Replaced defective driver cup holder
4) Replaced defective power steering assembly
5) Replaced Front and Rear Brake Pads and sensors
6) Replaced defective Audio System Control Unit (I.e. CD Player)
7) Replaced defective passenger side "A" pillar trim cover
Scratch front bumper pulling out of garage: 5/28/08 Realize dealer just sprayed over bumper so took it to local body shop to repaint.
Drop off for Repair: 5/12/2008
Issues: Malfunctioning passsenger side airbag
Rough idle
Steering wheel controls and horn not functioning
Repaired the following:
1) Replaced o2 sensor
2) Replaced airbag sensor
3) Replaced some ring in steering wheels for controls and horn.
Pickup from Repair: 5/19/2008
Realize dealer scratched my car: 5/19/2008
Take back to dealer to buff scratch: 5/20/2008
Take to detail shop for full exterior detail: 5/20/2008
Pickup car from detail shop to find paint peeling from front bumper and rear bumper: 5/20/2008
Detail shop blames paint job on issues with paint peeling and will not pay. Taking car back to body shop to repaint.

Though I personally love the E60 545i this one has been a nightmare to own. It has been one thing after another. Unfortunately I can't get rid of the car cause I would simply lose too much money at this time. Has anyone else had just "bad luck" with there e60?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mk4' post='608602' date='Jun 23 2008, 06:26 PM
Purchase: 4/25/08
Drop off Repair: 5/7/2008
Pickup from Repair: 5/22/2008
Repaired the following:
1) Replaced defective steering angle sensor
2) Replace defective battery
3) Replaced defective driver cup holder
4) Replaced defective power steering assembly
5) Replaced Front and Rear Brake Pads and sensors
6) Replaced defective Audio System Control Unit (I.e. CD Player)
7) Replaced defective passenger side "A" pillar trim cover
Scratch front bumper pulling out of garage: 5/28/08 Realize dealer just sprayed over bumper so took it to local body shop to repaint.
Drop off for Repair: 5/12/2008
Issues: Malfunctioning passsenger side airbag
Rough idle
Steering wheel controls and horn not functioning
Repaired the following:
1) Replaced o2 sensor
2) Replaced airbag sensor
3) Replaced some ring in steering wheels for controls and horn.
Pickup from Repair: 5/19/2008
Realize dealer scratched my car: 5/19/2008
Take back to dealer to buff scratch: 5/20/2008
Take to detail shop for full exterior detail: 5/20/2008
Pickup car from detail shop to find paint peeling from front bumper and rear bumper: 5/20/2008
Detail shop blames paint job on issues with paint peeling and will not pay. Taking car back to body shop to repaint.

Though I personally love the E60 545i this one has been a nightmare to own. It has been one thing after another. Unfortunately I can't get rid of the car cause I would simply lose too much money at this time. Has anyone else had just "bad luck" with there e60?
yep.......................I guess in my ignorance , I bought from a dealer called 21st century lease in NJ (the Nj boys will know it I think)
I was told it was an 05 to find out it was an 04 I took it to JMK in springfiedl (brilliant folks there) to find it had a substaintal accident so my list form buying this vehicle is like yours

I had battery replaced and the leads (bmw design them to sever in an accident for safety) taped back with electrical tape
two new air bag pillars covers
new front glass had a crack
new side sill
new rear bumper (full of bondo)
missing trim under driver seat
new steering wheel
all tires not road legal
no front plate bracket

still waiting spare keys

I have the BBB involved but not really hopefull

so my advise for dollars more get a certified vehicle for piece of mind, I must have dropped about $5k in two months getting it to a level , that you would expect

oh well c'est la vie I guess what goes around !
Old 06-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Wow! Sorry to hear what you guys are going through. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='608622' date='Jun 23 2008, 06:46 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear what you guys are going through. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.
Hyper mine was just ignorance being new etc.....................Ine thing I will have the car exactly how I want by the end of of it just in time to get my m5

I would caution anyone to use any of those kind of companies
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 bmw 530i titanium silver premium and cold weather packages.... ready to do some minor work and still keep it sexy

Originally Posted by northern-monkey' post='608613' date='Jun 23 2008, 06:37 PM
yep.......................I guess in my ignorance , I bought from a dealer called 21st century lease in NJ (the Nj boys will know it I think)
I was told it was an 05 to find out it was an 04 I took it to JMK in springfiedl (brilliant folks there) to find it had a substaintal accident so my list form buying this vehicle is like yours

I had battery replaced and the leads (bmw design them to sever in an accident for safety) taped back with electrical tape
new side sill
new steering wheel
all tires not road legal
no front plate bracket

still waiting spare keys

so my advise for dollars more get a certified vehicle for piece of mind, I must have dropped about $5k in two months getting it to a level , that you would expect

omg these guys are such schemers. when i was looking for an e60 i went there to test drive a black 530i. they sales guy would not let me drive the car for a test drive. he wanted to run my credit and get me approved first. i told him that i wasn't sure i was gonna like the car and he said that if i wanted to drive the car i needed an appointment. seems like they have to fix the car first before i can drive it. finally i told him that the dealer was unprofessional and that noone would let them run credit without first driving the car. i finally got fed up and went to Paul Miller Bentley where they had a used 530i which i got for an awesome deal. I hate those guys and will forever tell people not to go there. Good luck with them!!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
mk4
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Ipod, 35% Tinted windows

Originally Posted by northern-monkey' post='608613' date='Jun 23 2008, 05:37 PM

new side sill
new steering wheel
all tires not road legal
no front plate bracket

still waiting spare keys

This car is a certified BMW. I also forgot to mention. When I called BMW customer relations about the pealing paint. Them informed me that a car could be in an accident and be certified. Also the lady told me not to take my car through a car wash as "she always hand washes, her car." What kind of BS is that.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slvr_bullet' post='608630' date='Jun 23 2008, 06:57 PM
omg these guys are such schemers. when i was looking for an e60 i went there to test drive a black 530i. they sales guy would not let me drive the car for a test drive. he wanted to run my credit and get me approved first. i told him that i wasn't sure i was gonna like the car and he said that if i wanted to drive the car i needed an appointment. seems like they have to fix the car first before i can drive it. finally i told him that the dealer was unprofessional and that noone would let them run credit without first driving the car. i finally got fed up and went to Paul Miller Bentley where they had a used 530i which i got for an awesome deal. I hate those guys and will forever tell people not to go there. Good luck with them!!

please tell me it was not a black with grey interior was it
Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='608622' date='Jun 23 2008, 03:46 PM
+1
Old 06-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

My E60 also has had many problems. Out of all the cars I have owned, it is by far the most problematic. I have had many small repairs, it adds up and gets annoying. Major repair was a full automatic transmission replacement at ~40,000 miles.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Being a new 545 owner myself... keeping my fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: I can't win with my 04 545i