E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I can't believe this s**t!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
During our neighborhood fathers day celebration, I walked my my car which was in my driveway. Noticed the door was ajar slightly.....figuring the wife got into it. Upon opening the passenger door I saw....someone stole my shit. Missing the wood trim das, to include the vent, and hazard light switch. Also the CD changer and the f'n AC controls.

Seriously? The AC controls? So if I want to drive it, I gotta bear the 103 heat here? Damn, steal the stereo, I can roll without tunes....but the AC controls?

It is obvious that whover decided they wanted my shit was a professional. No wires were cut at all. Everything smoothly disconnected!!! I only leave the car outside on the weekends, allowing space for me to work on my bike and clean the garage. This fucker must have been watching and waiting. Got into the car around 0230 and must have left it unlocked. Crime of opportunity...I think not.

Anyways, lemme know if you see the AC controls/vents/wood trim for sale anywhere!!
Just remember, 1/2 of Louisiana packed up their shit and moved to Texas back in 2004. Texas hasn't been the same since. Sorry, but its a fact.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Members

Sorry to hear that man...atleast the thief didnt take your car...i woke up and my whole freakin car was missing

Anyways hope the people who do these shit burn in hell, or have the worst painful, agonising death
Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Just remember, 1/2 of Louisiana packed up their shit and moved to Texas back in 2004. Texas hasn't been the same since. Sorry, but its a fact.
Let's get the facts straight!! It was 2005, it was 1/3 of New Orleans, not 1/2 of the state, and many of us had no shit to pack, me included...
Old 06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Members

Really sorry to hear that dude. I live on private property on a mountain with a very big forest behind my house. If someone were to happen to wander onto my property and attempt to steal anything from me... well let's just say next time someone sees him he will be on the side of a milk carton.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
I just noticed you also posted in my thread about going slow on purpose, maybe you were being "that guy" like you said you do in your neighborhood and the "other guy" behind you was pissed off?......just sayin, karma

Wrong guy....I didn't post about blocking people in my neighboorhood. But anyways thanks for the insightful, helpful advice. Just sayin.. :thumbsdown:
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
Wrong guy....I didn't post about blocking people in my neighboorhood. But anyways thanks for the insightful, helpful advice. Just sayin.. :thumbsdown:
Oh my bad, it was this post, you block people on the highway.

Sorry, I must be "that guy". At most times I am driving 10-15mph over the limit on the hwy. Very often do I get a guy barreling down on my ass when I am passing cars. They tailgate the crap out of me in some hopes I will hurry up and pass the 10 cars on my right. I instead leave a gap between me and the right car, too small for my tailgater to get around me. I continue this for about a mile and then kindly move over
The only advice I can give is maybe just dont leave the car out on weekends anymore since they know where you live.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

As much as I agree that blocking the road is annoying, do you really think this is the work of some disgruntled driver? If they were simply angry about the driving I could see them damaging or vandalizing the car. This is clearly a targeted theft, they knew what they wanted and took it...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol
As much as I agree that blocking the road is annoying, do you really think this is the work of some disgruntled driver? If they were simply angry about the driving I could see them damaging or vandalizing the car. This is clearly a targeted theft, they knew what they wanted and took it...
I was just messing around when I said that....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Seems like someone just took whatever they could get, how many e60's are in need of a hazard light switch? I'd be thrilled if someone broke into my car and all that was missing was some trim pieces and a switch, and they did it neatly too? you got off lucky.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:38 PM
New Members

I'd laugh, just as the stupidity of what they stole...