E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I can play MP3 in Business Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 645 black sapphire metallic, 19" Style 166 (245/40 & 285/35 w 15mm spacers)

Hi everyone,

I have watched the topics about MP3 issues and I thought that business radio can't play MP3 CDs but actually tried today on my car and to my surprise MP3 CD started playing and also showd ID Tags. I'm in Europe and my car has Navi Bus with Radio Bus. As I have read this is possible only in Europe and not in USA. Build date is 04 2005 but don't know about CIP version (it hasn't been updated). That's great knews I think.

Wish the best,
Allar
Old 02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

As far as I know, there are no Navi Pro cars that does not come with Pro Radio standard.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

this is weird. I have exactly the same car 5/04..... but with Profi radio and I've tried MP3 with no succes.
I'm sure you must have an software update.

Perhpas, how was the CD burned??? Nero, no folders???
Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

You can't have NAV witout Radio PRO !

So you have Radio Professional!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='236871' date='Feb 8 2006, 03:59 PM
You can't have NAV witout Radio PRO !

So you have Radio Professional!

CORRECT. so do I. And besides I have the BMW options catalogue right here and it says this also.
Business Nav = Profi Radio

as to the MP3 issues. Can you guys let me know if the following format is the one good for E60??? I mean it has been discussed here a lot that the MP3 player in our car is rather sensitive on the MP3 file formatt...

Size: 9997107 bytes
Header found at: 1418 bytes
Length: 357 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
223kbit (VBR), 13693 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo
CRCs: No
Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None

as to the MP3 issues. Can you guys let me know if the following format is the one good for E60??? I mean it has been discussed here a lot that the MP3 player in our car is rather sensitive on the MP3 file formatt...

Size: 9997107 bytes
Header found at: 1418 bytes
Length: 357 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
223kbit (VBR), 13693 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo
CRCs: No
Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 645 black sapphire metallic, 19" Style 166 (245/40 & 285/35 w 15mm spacers)

Ok, sorry for that then. It reminds me like I have read from some posts that in Europe you can have radio Business with Navi Business. Strange, also the price list of my dealer says that only Radio Pro comes with Radio Pro as standard. That's a mess.. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Allar

Originally Posted by alts' post='236883' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:13 AM
Ok, sorry for that then. It reminds me like I have read from some posts that in Europe you can have radio Business with Navi Business. Strange, also the price list of my dealer says that only Radio Pro comes with Radio Pro as standard. That's a mess.. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Allar
Ment to be:
" also the price list of my dealer says that only Navi Pro comes with Radio Pro as standard"
Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Contributors

what about your CIP?
are you sure that you have the original one from when the car was deliverd 5/2004???? because that is like CIP 12.3 or something.
Can you totaly guarantee they did not change the software during any service????
maybe if you had some parts retrofitted like phone or some major service done, they did change the software for new one without asking
where are you from anyway?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='236888' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:16 AM
what about your CIP?
are you sure that you have the original one from when the car was deliverd 5/2004???? because that is like CIP 12.3 or something.
Can you totaly guarantee they did not change the software during any service????
maybe if you had some parts retrofitted like phone or some major service done, they did change the software for new one without asking
where are you from anyway?
Maybe they have changed the CIP, I'm not sure as they haven't told me. Haven't retrofitted anything. I'm from Estonia.

Allar
Old 02-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Contributors

do you have the day time running lights option in your car I-drive setup?
what about the RDS radio stored names? does it saves names as Local X..... Local 5.... or it stores the proper names of the stations?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

The daytime running lights in the Idrive is differnt from country to country.

Here in Denmark and Sweden we don't have that option to select "daytime running lights" because it's required by the goverment....

Quick Reply: I can play MP3 in Business Radio