E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I bought my first BMW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Thanks again everyone! Luxembourg, thanks for the invite. Man, I really wish I could go but my parents are still in town and I promised my dad I would take him to Triburg (sp) this weekend to see where his beloved clocks are made. If it was just a weekend in May...
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Jody - welcome!! Great looking 525i! You'll find a lot of helpful folks here and enjoy your new ride - great color too
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='567344' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I am still in Germany and will be until July 2009. The license plate bracket was on from the previous owner so I left it. I considered getting the long plates, but since the previous owner had the short plate frames, I didn't want to mess with the paint. Usually folks wait and buy their BMWs when they leave, but they miss out on driving them here in the land of speed. I find myself setting the cruise control at 120MPH and cruising at that speed for up to an hour or so before traffic makes me slow down.
You may not have to mess with the paint. Since you already have holes in the grill for the U.S. license plate you can drill matching holes in the EU brackets so they mount in the same holes. The car looks sooooo much nicer with EU plates instead of the cheesy NATO ones, especially since now you can get the authentic German plates (KL???)

Damn I miss driving in Germany! People who say they like how a BMW handles but never cruised at A-bahn speeds for long periods just don't really know. To me, this is what separates BMW from the Japanese and American competition.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats. welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

dont forget to add the m-tech kit to your new car. it really sharpens up the look of the e60. welcome to the forums and enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Looks great..Welcome to our house of plenty!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Carbon Black 545i

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Thanks for all of your kind words! I took my folks to southern Germany this weekend. My dad took this picture on the way back...I actually got it to 150, but he took the picture just below that. :-)

Old 04-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='569042' date='Apr 27 2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all of your kind words! I took my folks to southern Germany this weekend. My dad took this picture on the way back...I actually got it to 150, but he took the picture just below that. :-)

Nice...I would take a trip to Germany just to drive on the autobahn 150+ and not have to worry about a ticket!

Welcome to the forums!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Contributors

It is a wonderful place to own a BMW!

Quick Reply: I bought my first BMW!!!