E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I am an Idiot Accident!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

So I was happy and excited that my vehicle reached 2000km and I could rev all the way in any way....well I was a bit too excited. I was doing about 155kmh when I was crossing this rail tracks which happens to be in the middle of a high way in Dhaka. So as soon as i was on the middle of track i saw that one of the next tracks has a huge pot hole , it was too late to brake, so my car hit the pot hole and I thought ohh well another bump. And didnt really feel that hard. After a few mins my HUD showed BATTERY FAULT : NOT CHARGING BLAH BLAH and after a few secs it went away. So I figured its the issue with the vibration caused by the jerk losenning the battery terminal or something. So I come back and lock the car and call my personal assitant to take the car to service and check out the electrical lines and battery. Next morning he calls me up and says both left wheels and tires are damaged, they found two fuse in the trunk loose and they fixed it. But the tire and wheels are pretty badly hurt. So thats that....now I am just talking to my self saying why did i even had to drive this car so hard and also why did I even crossed the tracks that fast and why on earth I live in a third world where pot holes are larger than the Grand Canyon. Went back to see the pot hole and saw that part of the track has no tarmac and is about 12 inches long and about 8 inches deep and the end of it is the steel rail track. My wheels fell in the pot hole and hit the track like hitting a steel wall at 95 mph. I am amazed the tires didn burst or even loose a single pressure. Pic attached. Pic sent to me by MMS by my PS, so its really small.
Attached Thumbnails I am an Idiot Accident!!-dsc00016.jpg   I am an Idiot Accident!!-dsc00017.jpg  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='313241' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:52 PM
now I am just talking to my self saying why did i even had to drive this car so hard and also why did I even crossed the tracks that fast and why on earth I live in a third world where pot holes are larger than the Grand Canyon.

Well sorry to hear about the damaged wheels and tires. I usually wont say this but maybe because of how you presented it. Sounds like you're over reacting to me. honestly... I have to say this its not that big of a deal. So you dinged up 2 rims and 2 tires. I dont call that "ACCIDENT!!!" no permanent damage resulted in this and no body damnage. Pay for 2 rims and 2 tires and the car will be perfect again.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Silver BMW 530i Premium Package, Sports Package, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Sun Shades, iPod Retrofit kit, M-Tech Kit, OEM Style 172 Wheels

Ouch! Sorry about your accident... damn pot holes
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I am sorry for your misjudgment. Unfortunately, many, perhaps the vast majority, of us have done things along the same lines. But, I protest when you say you are an idiot--even if I have used that term for myself--just not publicly. And, I really don't think that either of us are idiots.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

just the thought of changing wheels...tires on a new car, sort of winds out all the charm in it. But anyways wheels will be done by monday. As they are not in stock, being shipped from a dealer in singapore. I was sort of thinking about changing all four to style 136 , but i will just stick to the stock for some time now.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='313241' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:52 PM
So I was happy and excited that my vehicle reached 2000km and I could rev all the way in any way....well I was a bit too excited. I was doing about 155kmh when I was crossing this rail tracks which happens to be in the middle of a high way in Dhaka. So as soon as i was on the middle of track i saw that one of the next tracks has a huge pot hole , it was too late to brake, so my car hit the pot hole and I thought ohh well another bump. And didnt really feel that hard. After a few mins my HUD showed BATTERY FAULT : NOT CHARGING BLAH BLAH and after a few secs it went away. So I figured its the issue with the vibration caused by the jerk losenning the battery terminal or something. So I come back and lock the car and call my personal assitant to take the car to service and check out the electrical lines and battery. Next morning he calls me up and says both left wheels and tires are damaged, they found two fuse in the trunk loose and they fixed it. But the tire and wheels are pretty badly hurt. So thats that....now I am just talking to my self saying why did i even had to drive this car so hard and also why did I even crossed the tracks that fast and why on earth I live in a third world where pot holes are larger than the Grand Canyon. Went back to see the pot hole and saw that part of the track has no tarmac and is about 12 inches long and about 8 inches deep and the end of it is the steel rail track. My wheels fell in the pot hole and hit the track like hitting a steel wall at 95 mph. I am amazed the tires didn burst or even loose a single pressure. Pic attached. Pic sent to me by MMS by my PS, so its really small.
kamon achen? upne dhaka thaken?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

The problem isn't that you were going too fast, you were going too slow. If you had been going a bit faster you would have flown right over the gap in the pavement!

In any case, sorry to hear about your problems and I hope inusrance covers at least some of the damage. Don't feel guilty about it. Driving the e60 fast is an unavoidable consequence of owning one. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Alpine White

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='313369' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:48 PM
The problem isn't that you were going too fast, you were going too slow. If you had been going a bit faster you would have flown right over the gap in the pavement!
Good one
Old 07-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Carbon black with R19 M 172 Rim M sport package+ Sunroof Black dakotar interiro with titanium trim. + profession pack Aftermarket: AFE CAI, Remus exhuast, sprintbooster, M5 rear spoiler, AC roof spoiler, carbon fiber trim sills, etc.. + 2000 ML430 passed to wife..hehe

Sorry for what happen to you.

It is hard to believe, but in Sydney we have as many pot on-road in city street... and making it very hard hard to drive fast.

Maybe that is why there is so many 4WD here.

Its faster to drive with my old ML than new 5 serie in citY due to poor road condition.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

same here, the city is full of Pajero's, Prado's , X5's LX470's etc....actually i 4 of my six cars are suvs. Anyway I am over the sadness.

Quick Reply: I am an Idiot Accident!!