E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I am completely hopeless and feeling frusturated

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have had my 2004 e60 for almost 10 months now, and while I love the cars looks and driving I am dissapointed otherwise. I think this car has the potential to be a tenichal marvel, but BMW has some work to do to reach that potentiality.

Since I have had my car, I have had my fair share of problems most which are software related and most which have been solved. However the ones that havent been solved are the most annoying. The persisting problems I have are:

The infamous door squeak, It has been there now 4 times for this 2 of the times since the service bulltin has been released and been performed on my car. After all 4 times the squeak comes back within 48 hours. I cannot take it anymore and its driving me nuts. For a 55k dollar car I think a quite cabin is a must.

I have a passenger seat squeak which was adressed the last time in service and they did somethinng to the frame of the seat which helped alot but not totally.

I also have the arm rest creaking and squeaking.

The other problem which I have may not be a problem after all and I am counting on you fellow e60 owners with the stand aidio system to help me out on this one. My radio just doesnt go loud. I often find myself turning the volume up especially with windows down in hope of more volume and it just doesnt get any louder. Can you all listen to music comfortably at the maximim volume. I have never had a car where i can turn the radio up all the way and the music not be to loud to tolerate. Is this a problem or just a low quality audio system?

I am boking my car on monday for the 5th time for the door squeaks. What do you suugest I do as far as Calling BMWNA and such. I have the paper work fro all my service appintments and was wondering what kind of compensation I have a right to request. To be honest I would really like for them to take this one off my hands and give me a problem free 2005 e60 if that exisits?

All you replies help , please reply if u can help I really need all the help and advice I can get.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I don't know if BMWNA will take the car back for squeek issues. But it they can put you in an 05 with a nominal charge to offset your usage, I would take it.

good luck
Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Members

I know relaisticly I dont have a chance at a upgrade to a 2005, but dont I have the right to something, I have had car for abour 9 1/5 months and its been in shop like 5 or 6 times now. Why pay a car payment as high as I am paying to drive mitsubishi lancer loaner cars?
Old 09-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Unfortunately, BMW isn't going to help you with squeaks. I have a bad transmission (and a billion other things, too), and I can't get them to help me with that! I had to invoke lemon law, and that takes FOREVER to come through. BMWNA is no help whatsoever-- they ALWAYS send you back to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Members

So what do I do. Its totaly unacceptable to pay 55k for a car and learn to live with probelms. What if my attorney calls them?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Members

Either no one cares about my issues or noone had advice. LOL
Old 09-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Contributors

Best of luck. I dont have the door squeaks problems.

My only complain is the 'seat belt fault' that many are getting. Other than that my car is ok. She will be a year old in Nov.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Members

I dont get it , Some have the door squeeking issue some dont so there must be a difference between cars that have it and cars that done, why cant bmw just equal out the difference to solve the problem?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:21 PM
guido

Well, I am sorry. I thought I would get this car, but I think the experience you and others have had has put a damper on my enthusiasm. I will either wait and see how 05 looks, or go with the new Acura RL, which had Motortrend calling it a true "ultimate driving machine" in their last issue. My empathy and support for your problems. (At least your problems are nuisances and not major mechanical problems?)
Old 09-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Members

i have creeking noises here and there, but I like loud music or the window open so thats the way i camafloge the annoying sound.

I think the problem is the craftsmanship. These days even a Mercedes and jaguar has the same if not more problems. my next car is a Lexus. I had a 3 series now a 545i. I had years ago a 1994 GS 300 and a 1998 gs 400. the best cars I ever owned we're lexus. but I want a change. The 330 ci was also a great car. and I now own a 4.8 x5, thats really a nice ride.

the e60 not the best but people break their necks and it looks and drives nice, i got 2 years left, its not that bad even with the recall. you got a hot car

Quick Reply: I am completely hopeless and feeling frusturated