E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Huge favor to ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Hello fellow members,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. When you park tonight or tomorrow at work, could you please shut off your A/C and then just lock the car? Then, when you start it in the morning or after work, could you please look and see if the A/C is still off or if it has come on on "auto?" Mine is doing just that, and the dealer is telling me that this is normal. Is it normal?

Thanks to all
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Hello fellow members,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. When you park tonight or tomorrow at work, could you please shut off your A/C and then just lock the car? Then, when you start it in the morning or after work, could you please look and see if the A/C is still off or if it has come on on "auto?" Mine is doing just that, and the dealer is telling me that this is normal. Is it normal?

Thanks to all
Yep, I have the basic AC and mine switches back to auto when I switch the car on regardless of the previous settings.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Mine does the same. I am going to try to set the car seat memory with the AC off to see what happens later.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

Never thought of what Tonymac is suggesting but will try it. Mine does switch to on sometimes regardless of what previous setting is prior to turning off the engine but it's off sometimes also. Always thought it was due to a faulty sensor since it also turns on by itself when I'm driving.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

With automatic climate control, the vehicle will resume last climate operation mode. The last operation mode is stored with the car key. By the way, "Off" is not considered an operation mode, it is not saved.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Hello fellow members,

Thanks to all
It's normal. The only way to change it is coding.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Never thought of what Tonymac is suggesting but will try it. Mine does switch to on sometimes regardless of what previous setting is prior to turning off the engine but it's off sometimes also. Always thought it was due to a faulty sensor since it also turns on by itself when I'm driving.
That's actually normal. And this:

Originally Posted by vkhong
With automatic climate control, the vehicle will resume last climate operation mode. The last operation mode is stored with the car key. By the way, "Off" is not considered an operation mode, it is not saved.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It's normal. The only way to change it is coding.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535xi

When I park my car and hit the AC button to "off" (the green light is Not lit), AC does not turn back "on" when I restart the car the next time. This is the norm for me: turn AC off after parking; and when I restart, AC is not on.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

mine has never done that???
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Members

I had to get mine coded at the dealer for $50, now when I turn the AC off, it remains off

Quick Reply: Huge favor to ask