E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is HUD retrofittable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone!!
this one is just a quick question, and if it is retrofittable, is it worth it?
how much would it cost?

thanks again guys!!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

It is not retrofittable, since it means nearly an entire new dashboard. Sorry for the news....
Old 05-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

It will cost you a new car!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='May 24 2005, 12:36 PM
It is not retrofittable, since it means nearly an entire new dashboard. Sorry for the news....
[snapback]132610[/snapback]
... and a new windscreen!
Old 05-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Members

Angers me that BMW doesn't allow for retrofits for some of their options. For example, naviagation. Why the hell don't they allow this? Geez, Fiber Optic connections through-out the car, but they can't figure out to keep an extra wire hanging around for Navigation hook ups.

It absolutely kills me. I really wish I didn't listen to the Sales Associate when he said that it was retro-fittable. Should of just got it along with Sirius installed. ugh

/rant-off
Old 05-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Angers me that BMW doesn't allow for retrofits for some of their options. For example, naviagation. Why the hell don't they allow this? Geez, Fiber Optic connections through-out the car, but they can't figure out to keep an extra wire hanging around for Navigation hook ups.

It absolutely kills me. I really wish I didn't listen to the Sales Associate when he said that it was retro-fittable. Should of just got it along with Sirius installed. ugh

Just buy the car right the first time...
Old 05-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

/rant-off
[snapback]133609[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never believe a word any sales person has to say. All they want is your money! They tell you what you want to hear. Sign the deal and thats it - your a nobody
Old 05-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 27 2005, 04:58 PM

/rant-off
[snapback]133609[/snapback]
Never believe a word any sales person has to say. All they want is your money! They tell you what you want to hear. Sign the deal and thats it - your a nobody
[snapback]133901[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's why I joined this board about five months prior to ordering my car. I wanted to smarter than any salesman, but not let on what I knew except when I knew they were accurate in what they tried to tell/sell me. I knew what I wanted and how to get it. I enjoyed teaching the sales folks about their products. Some really appreciated it
Old 06-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='May 27 2005, 04:34 PM

Just buy the car right the first time...
[snapback]133842[/snapback]

Yeah Figured it out now.. Though I'm stuck with it for 3 years.. grrr.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Black Sapphire Metallic, NAV, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenon Headlamps, Heated Steering Wheel

it's funny. i've had 3 BMW's all from the same dealer and same salesperson. he's always been very knowledgable and his suggestions, IMO on each of my cars were correct. and when i've had service issues, he's gotten involved if necessary to make sure everything went smoothly.

i wouldn't blast all salespeople.

Quick Reply: Is HUD retrofittable?