5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   HUD (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/hud-10984/)

ats77 05-13-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by swajames' date='May 14 2005, 02:48 AM
HUD is awesome, especially if you have navigation.? You'll love it once you try it.
[snapback]128214[/snapback]

Yeah and even wo NAV it kicks over 140 mph you just look in front of you :whistle:

wiszmaster 05-13-2005 09:39 PM

HUD is great! that is a requirement for the next car!!!

so nice NOT having to look down when driving - especially when its raining, or dark outside & your driving highway at higher speeds, or in traffic.

CoolTones 05-13-2005 10:36 PM

With my back and forth commutes across 4 different highways each day (one of the freeways (580 in Pleasanton, California) is the main pathway for these D*mn garbage trucks....

I will end up with 1-2 windshield rock chips every 4 - 6 months! :angry:

Don't know what the cost of a new windshield would be (Does anyone know?). I guess with insurance my deductible could be around $200 (Not sure if State Farm would catch on about these more expensive windshields that are specially designed for HUD and maybe increase the deductible).

This is the primary reason why I'm shying away from HUD. I drove a loaner E60 with HUD and DID LIKE IT very much!

-Tony

andy545 05-14-2005 12:18 AM

HUD? I love it.

Just make sure, you have a non deductible on your windshield insurance, I changed one 3 weeks ago and was happy I was fully insured with unrestricted chip/damage replacement.

This winshield costs 660euros here.

vern 05-14-2005 05:57 AM

HUD is a must,Wouldn't have a car without it.You need Nav to get HUD.Go for $100 deductable on your comrehensive or less.Between the Rain Sensor and HUD it can be quite expensive. to replace the windshield.The price at the dealer for OEM windshield with only Rain Sensor was $750.
cheers
vern
PS You can't wear POLARIZED sun glasses with HUD on, the sun glasses cut out the print.

cobradav 05-14-2005 10:47 AM

Echo the postive HUD comments entirely plus a another wrinkle in my case. I wear trifocals. Have a difficult time finding things in focus on most dashes. When I tested a 545 with HUD I knew I had to have it in my 6er. I waited an extra 10 months for the HUD to be available in the 6er before I would order. Better even than my wildest hopes. Coupled with iDrive with everything in one place I could not be happier with any cockpit layout other than the current crop of BMWs. What a relaxing drive, yet u know everything and can stay alert in defensive driving posture. You can adjust / change most things with iDrive, voice commands and steering wheel buttons without taking eyes off HUD/road. Just for kicks I stop in and check out the layouts in CLS, M45, GS### now and then and they cannot come close to satisfying my needs. I know the M6 is similar layout so I can move there ok and maybe that will be my last car until they plant me in the ground :wow:

msterzer 05-14-2005 05:45 PM

I have it. Didn't realize how much I liked it until I was driving the loaner that the dealer gave me.

A must have.

Iceman 05-15-2005 02:57 PM

HUD is GREAT!

Arby 545 05-15-2005 03:00 PM

WAIT U CANT WEAR POLARIZED GLASSES!!!!

can u see the speed.... forget about directions i could care less about that i just want to know what speed im doing... (if i have polarized sunglasses on that is)
RB

ChaseCIA 05-15-2005 08:35 PM

HUD is super!