E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How to set audio volume??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Can anyone advise me whether I can pre-set the audio volume to come on at a certain level on start up? On my old Audi A6 I could do this and it was a really usefull feature.

It meant that I could wack up the volume say on my journey home from work and then just stop the car at home without touching the audio system. The next morning it would come on at a much lower pre-set volume on start up.

With my 5 series now I can't seem to find this feature on the i-drive and so I am jumping out of my seat first thing in the morning with mega watts jumping out of the speakers..!!

Also, has anyone experienced the audio system shutting off for no resaon meaning no readio volume and the CD counter stops counting? I get this periodically and it comes back later on its own. Last night I was driving home and it did it a total of about 6 times in 20 or so minutes. Not sure if it's a recognised fault or not. :thumbsdown:

Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

AFAIK, there is no way to do what you describe. Personally, I would find it outright irritating, and I'd much rather have the volume where it was when I left the car. But each to his own.

The periodical muting is a bit of a mistery, though if you listen to music at a high volume for extended periods it's possible that something is overheating and shutting down.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

I thought as much as I've looked throught the manual as well and can't find any reference. I still hope to find a way though.

As for the audio shut down, it's not related to volume as it happens however high or low I have it and I don't have it on very high at all anyway. Maybe it'll show up as a fault in the electronics somewhere when I next take it into the dealership.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I dont think theres a way. I would actually like that feature too... like you said in the morning I listen to traffic and news so it doenst need to be loud but on the way home I have the volume up and somtimes i dont turn it down and when I start the car the next morning it scares the hell out of me. Happens rarely tho so it never bothered me. I've gotten in the habbit of turning the volume down now.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='347475' date='Oct 21 2006, 08:30 PM
I dont think theres a way. I would actually like that feature too... like you said in the morning I listen to traffic and news so it doenst need to be loud but on the way home I have the volume up and somtimes i dont turn it down and when I start the car the next morning it scares the hell out of me. Happens rarely tho so it never bothered me. I've gotten in the habbit of turning the volume down now.
I guess I'll just have to get used to turning it down before I stop if it's on that loud. Nice looking car you have by the way and the wheels look really good. I was debating about the auburn leather and then chickened out and went for the beige - think the aubun looks really good though and different to the norm so in some ways wish I'd have got it.

Anyone else have any suggestions as to why my audio keeps cutting out??
Old 10-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I always listen to my music at full volume.

When I park, I turn down the volume to a reasonable level so it doesn't blast me into orbit when I return.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='347351' date='Oct 21 2006, 06:22 AM
I'd much rather have the volume where it was when I left the car.

Same here.