E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How often are you cleaning your Beige Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545ia ED May '05
Thumbs up

Hello all.
Just awaiting my Euro Delv and for those of you with Beige Leather Interiors, a few questions:

1) how often are you cleaning the leather?

2) what's your favorite cleaner?

3) what spots need the most constant attention?

Would have gotten black which I think is the most practical from the "hide the dirt" factor but summertime heat and year-round dust just isn't worth it for me. Looks to me that the drivers seat, back, left, side bolster is the place where the leather gets the dirstiest from sliding in and out of the seat.

Thanks and have a great day everyone.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Mystic Blue 530i, beige/poplar wood interior, steptronic transmission, prem, sport, & sound pkgs, comfort seats, pdc, all weather mats, red reflectors, NAV, ACC, HUD, satellite radio, heated rear seats, rear sunshade, cold weather pkg, active steering

I find the driver's seat needs cleaning on a regular basis. This comes from a guy that wears blue jeans most of the time. BMW's leather cleaner does a fine job.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Consider getting black floormats. The beige ones will become truly filthy in no time. Besides, black adds a bit of snap to the inteior.

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Apr 24 2005, 08:13 AM
Hello all.
Just awaiting my Euro Delv and for those of you with Beige Leather Interiors, a few questions:

Would have gotten black which I think is the most practical from the "hide the dirt" factor but summertime heat and year-round dust just isn't worth it for me. Looks to me that the drivers seat, back, left, side bolster is the place where the leather gets the dirstiest from sliding in and out of the seat.

[snapback]119398[/snapback]
Old 04-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Orient Blue/Beige interior 545i: Cold weather pkg, Nav system, Premium sound, Sport Pkg, satellite prep, 30% smoke tinted windows all around, waiting for my euro red reflectors and umbrella!

The drivers seat is my dirtiest area. Every 2 weeks wipe with a clean cloth and leather cleaner should work. As for the floor mats, the all weather mats are great.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Apr 24 2005, 11:13 AM
Hello all.

I haven't cleaned it yet but starting to look brown instad of beige.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Every two weeks. What a pain in the butt. This leather is the worst dirt material I've ever dealt with. It's because it has such a deep grain, the dirt shows up much more quickly than if the surface was uniform. What a royal pain it is...

However, if you have a different color, all you're doing is hiding the dirt. It is nice to know that my leather is as clean as the day I bought the car. That is worth it I suppose.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

at least once a month-- typically more often for the driver's door and the drivers floormats. -- i ended up with the seat cover for the drivers chair - since i play tennis all the time and dont want to stink up the leather.
I wash the seat cover ever 2 weeks (swapping with the second cover)

door leather (feet scuff marks) and floor matts.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Apr 24 2005, 09:22 AM
Consider getting black floormats.? The beige ones will become truly filthy in no time.? Besides, black adds a bit of snap to the inteior.

[quote name='racefaith' date='Apr 24 2005, 08:13 AM']Hello all.

[snapback]119417[/snapback]
[/quote]

I second the black mats.