E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

how much my 525i worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have the 2004 525i E60 RWD. with only 45k miles.
it's without the DVD and Navi. I'd say the car in excellent condition in and out.
I'm thinking to trade the car in for a bigger SUV, I did search around KKB. but the price range is big.
my friend told me that if I bring the car to a BMW dealer to trade for a car, I might get higher price than other, is it true?
how much my car worth you think? what's the best deal I might can get from the dealer?
Please give me some ideas.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

14 if your lucky. I traded my 525 in this spring and that's what I was offered by 2 different dealers. I fought for 16 as I only owned the car for 5 months. The dealers go by current auction prices making KBB and NADA pretty useless.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by hangout
my friend told me that if I bring the car to a BMW dealer to trade for a car, I might get higher price than other, is it true?
Avoid any sort of trade-in if you want to get as much as possible for it.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

Look on traderonline dot come and you can see the asking prices for a similar car. You will get the idea.
If you want to get the maximum, try selling it yourself by advertising on traderonline, cragislist or your local news paper.

Good Luck !
Old 10-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525
Model Year: 2004

you'll get about 12-14 in a trade, but possibly 16-18 if you sell yourself.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Your low mileage 525 would, in my opinion, be a very desirable starter BMW. Assuming you had good maintenance records and if it's in good overall condition (especially w/o body damage, worn-torn interior, no leaks or smoke) you would get a better price for your car by selling it yourself. Most BMW dealers do not want a 7 year old BMW on their lot and are likely to low-ball you anyway. Besides, they could make a trade-value look like a great deal until you really took a pencil to how they priced a replacement sale to you!

And, at the right price, you'd be able, I think to get a quick sale. As was suggested see what other cars like yours are selling for (compare apples to apples) and good luck with your decision!

BTW - watch out for scammers IF you go the Craigs List or other on-line routes to advertise a FS!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Members

search on craiglist and cars.com and see what similar cars are selling for, but i would say about 16k.

kbb and nada will give you some idea, but really it's not real market value (CL, Ebay, cars.com is), and ultimately it's worth what the buyer is willing to pay.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Members

I'm in NY, I know if trade it for $15k plus the tax benefit is just like sold car for $16k and more on the street.
but anyone knows if the trade in deal is interstate, then do I still have the trade in tax benefit?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

bring it into your local carmax to get an estimate...that should give you a ball park figure how much your car is worth before considering trading in.

GL
Old 10-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
bring it into your local carmax to get an estimate...that should give you a ball park figure how much your car is worth before considering trading in.

GL
LOL. Carmax is shit. I had a car in my garage for about 2 months and needed the room. In 2008 I took a 2005 330i Fully loaded w/navi and manual tranny with 32K miles to CarMax and they tried to lowball me at 14K and read me a friggin script to sell it to them. I paid 19K for the car and never washed it, I bought at auction directly from BMW NA at the end of its 36 mo lease. CarMax told me they need to repaint the front end etc etc. I took it home, washed it, waxed it and made it shine NICE. Then I took pics and advertised on autotrader. It sold for 25K about 2 weeks later. Of course I had to meet the guy halfway which was about 700 miles but that was the best BMW tour I ever took.. I from 80-125 MPH straight with a manual and all options. I made 700 miles in 7 hours and stopped for gas a few times! What a blast driving from south to north during fall. Anyway, if they had offered me what I paid I would have taken it but I was completely offended. So it drove me to polish her up and sell her myself. Thank god I did, I made 6K off of the car and was re-imbursed for my expenses including rental car back!
Clean it up and pay the $80 to run until it sells in autotrader. good luck

Quick Reply: how much my 525i worth ?