E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

how many times u seen idrive crash?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='866292' date='May 3 2009, 12:50 AM
Never crashed, but did have the mute locked on (wouldn't unmute). Switching off, taking key out, putting back in and starting engine didn't fix it. But when I left the car alone for an hour, when I came back to it the mute was unmuteable again.
I had that once, never had any other problems with it.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Members

Mine crashed on Saturday. It's still down, I think (I didn't drive car today). I will try the 3 finger salute, but here's the particulars:

Crashed on Saturday.

Upon startup
Sometimes it reboots repeatedly
When it reboots the CD/DVD dash lights flash when its cycling
Sometimes nothing on display
CD/DVD dash lights constant (of course in synch with interior lights)

Monday, I got an Active Steering Warning on the dash
My turn signals did not auto cancel on hard signal (the one where you press all the way and it flashes until you complete 90 degree turn or manually cancel)

I refueled Monday evening
Active Steering malfunction went away upon restart
Turn signals operating normal

Yet still no iDrive.

No other anomalies noticed.

I reported the problem on at least 2 occasions to different dealers. On each occasion, the technican's notes were to the effect of 'no codes stored', 'unable to reproduce problem'.

I hope I won't need new hardware, but if I do how likely they will cover this considering I'd reported it multiple times although my car is now out if warranty? Unfortunately, I was unable to find my copies of where I had reported it to my most recent dealer when it was still in warranty, but I definitely have the copies from when I first reported the problem. My lesson on this is to insist on a written record of all complaints no matter how minor or if the problem 'corrects itself'.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Members

My dealer called me back this morning. Said that they will 'good will' the repair. I'm so glad I worked on building a relationship with them. It finally paid off. Go Passport!

AND.....I tried the 3 finger salute and it only caused the DVD/CD drive lights to reset. Nothing changed on screen.