E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How many audio system packages are there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 07:45 PM
amethyst_gray

Hi!

I just saw one E60 with Logic7, and it had all the works such as 12 speakers, graphic equalizer, two woofers, etc.

I know i've ordered my system with 10 speakers... is there any thing else below this? How many woofers will i get? Will i be loosing out just becuase i didn't get Logic7, which to me looks like some extra sound processor chip and nothing much else in terms of speaker numbers, woofer numbers, etc.?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In US only 2 stereo options: Stock and Logic 7. My car has logic 7 and sounds great. upgrading to logic 7 gives you 2 extra midrange speakers, upgraded sound output(not sure if this is stronger amp or better speakers all around) logic 7 software.

I listened to both and for me Logic 7 was a must have)
Old 12-01-2003, 09:23 AM
steeves

The Euro spec (or at least the UK spec) covers

Business Radio w/CD or Professional Radio twin tuner w/CD
and
HiFi option
Logic7 option

so it would seem that, here, there are stock, HiFi (10 speakers, I seem to remember) and Logic7 (12 speakers)

BusNavigation implies auto upgrade to pro-Radio and though they say you need the CD changer apparently the DVD-based nav stores what it needs based on your route selection and then lets you swap out the DVD and play CD/CDR/CDRW inc. mp3 format and just asks for the DVD if it needs it again -- or so they tell you ;-)
Old 12-02-2003, 11:28 AM
amethyste_beemer

How many woofers do i get in the HiFi system, and how many woofers in the Logic 7 system?

I know the HiFi system has 10 speakers, and the Logic 7 has 12... not sure how many woofers....

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2003, 12:26 PM
bmw lover

My dealer said that the standard audio was 200 watts and the Logic 7 was 400. Is that correct?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The logic 7 has at least two woofers - one under each front seat.

-paasan
Old 12-02-2003, 05:03 PM
steeves

this might clear things up a tad...

A unique sound experience on four wheels:
The audio systems in the new 5 Series.
The new 5 Series Saloon comes as standard with a high-quality, sophisticated stereo system featuring the BMW Business radio and a CD player. Other HiFi systems ensuring the highest standard of audio quality are also available as an option. The Professional radio also comes with a player able to provide not only the standard CD functions, but also CD-ROM functions, thus playing back data files such as MP3 CDs. This radio system is once again part of the navigation unit.
A special satellite radio is available in the USA for the satellite broadcasting system with virtually nationwide coverage.
Optional: CD and DVD changer.
As an option, the audio systems may be supplemented by a CD changer within easy reach of the driver and front passenger: The main unit is integrated in the interior of the car and is hidden in the glove compartment.
The changer is operated via the Controller and Control Display, operates particularly smoothly and quietly, and can accommodate up to six music
CDs. A multimedia changer is also available either as an additional or as an alternative feature. Likewise operated via the Controller, this multimedia changer is able to accommodate six CDs, audio or video DVDs and is fitted
in the luggage compartment behind a flap in the left-hand wheel arch section.
HiFi system with two central bass loudspeakers.
Two central bass loudspeakers beneath the front seats providing perfect reproduction of low sounds throughout the car form the very ?heart? of the
HiFi system. As in the 7 Series, the volume required is provided by linking the central bass loudspeakers to the side-sills. A tweeter is housed in each of the mirror triangles, and a sub-woofer is integrated in each of the front door panels. Two further sub-woofers are integrated in the parcel shelf, with two tweeters
in between.

The top HiFi concept: BMW?s Professional LOGIC7 system.
The Professional LOGIC7 HiFi system offers the driver and passengers in the new BMW 5 Series high-end audio quality with supreme technology carried over from the BMW 7 Series: As the world?s first system of its kind in a car, this HiFi technology applies the LOGIC7 concept so far only to be found in stationary professional and semi-professional sound systems. LOGIC7 is a special digital audio signal processing mode for two-channel stereo signals and multi-channel multimedia signals.
The objective of LOGIC7 is to create an experience in sound as true to the original as possible for all listeners within the car. To do this, a matrix circuit splits up every signal of an analogue or digital stereo recording into
seven individual signals then processed specifically in accordance with the car?s interior configuration. To provide a multi-dimensional sound experience as close to the original as possible, LOGIC7 uses the spatial information contained in each stereo signal and breaks down this information into the two crucial sound dimensions: The place where the sound was originally generated and the acoustic environment or the location where the sound is now disseminated.
This gives the listener an even greater experience in spatial sound and
more precise resolution, allowing him to locate individual sound sources with
even greater precision. Particularly moving sound sources such
as a car passing by are presented far more plastically and impressively.
The Professional LOGIC7 HiFi loudspeaker system comprises the following units:
? Four tweeters in the mirror triangles and in the parcel shelf
? A 100-millimetres conical sub-woofer serving as the central loudspeaker
in the middle of the instrument cluster
? Four 100-millimetres conical sub-woofers in the doors and three
in the parcel shelf
? Two 210-millimetres central base loudspeakers beneath the front seats.
Individual entertainment for the passengers at the rear.
The rear seat passengers benefit from two supplementary systems allowing them to put together their own entertainment programme: First, the
?basic? rear-seat entertainment system offers the passengers at the rear the opportunity to listen to music, etc over headphones, with two headphone sockets fitted in the centre console. The entertainment menu itself is
operated by wireless remote control: Once you press the menu button, a pop-up window appears in the Control Display in the cockpit, which may also be read from the rear. The usual menu finder in the basic menu is replaced in this case by a headset symbol, the user then being able to move around within the menu by remote control operating the same way as the Controller ? by pushing, pressing and turning the button. Both a directional control block and a push/press button are provided on the remote control for this purpose. Commands entered on the front Controller nevertheless have priority over this system in all cases.
The basic principle is that internal sound sources such as the radio or CD player can be specified and pre-set only once: If the driver is listening to the radio the passengers at the rear can only listen to the station the driver has selected, but they are able at the rear to listen to, say, a CD over the headsets.