E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How is it holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I have black in my 545i and I live in one of the hottest places in the US, Fresno. It's not hot. I was very surprised.

I had tan in my previous car, an E46. It looked dirty quite easily and I wouldn't get it again.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

Thank you all for the haste replies, those of you whom reach this email later please continue to weigh in. This is a heavy debate within my house hold. I would especially like to thank the members that post throughout the forum while showing respect for other members opinions. With that said.....
Now for some replies;
Andy E61,
I love that color, which is an understatement of my feelings for the Titanium Silver color. Within the links below, you will notice how.....I don't know, maybe uhhhh "frigid" is a good word to describe the look of the car within the photo. Not saying I don't like it, I don't want it to look to inviting to unwanted thieves or anything, but not warm and inviting for my wife to hold her "Candle Lite" Parties in their either. I could just see her now, giving a demonstration of aromatic candles in the backseat of the 5.
Another awesome thing you and MiHusky mentioned, Is how the color makes the car seem larger. I've mentioned this to friends before and they thought I was nuts. This is just me here but, I notice on the exterior, darker colors look larger and for the interior darker colors make the car appear to be smaller. Anyone else notice this or are my friends right?
http://www.e60.net/gallery/interior/...kota/titanium/
ATS77,
I have no doubt that BMW uses the best leather, I think they feed the cows steroids for the best result. (ducking and dodging bottles) Only a joke loyalist. My concern is the cleanliness issue of the lighter colors. My current car has beige leather (clearing throat) rette. But it looks.... Well thats apples and oranges.
I noticed that the dye from jeans can rub off onto some leather, I have seen this, but what about the hard portion near the entry ways and floor boards? Also thanks for acknowledging the good q! I have a steno pad with a couple of years worth of research on this vehicle. One option at a time.
Oooh One last thing, I think I read it within the forums here, but I thought the new car smell was supposedly "toxic" to you. Don't remember the full article, but it was due to the glue used to adhere various parts. But I still love that smell!! I live in Naples Italy, I'm sure I breathe in far worse everyday.

I dont think it would matter what color you get in Vegas! Man its hot out there! But kids will force your hand on some things in life.
I'm really surprised at the lack of beige out there! I thought the question would, have replies like I have beige and its not good after one year. I was wrong. My wife is the practical one out of the group, so I guess we'll probably not get the beige.

http://www.e60.net/gallery/interior/...kota/titanium/

http://www.e60.net/gallery/

Lastly, Does anyone have any photos with an angle shot of the door open so that you may see both the Exterior color and Interior colors as well?
Once again thank you all very much. More silly questions to come.
Dickens
Old 04-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Contributors

I have jet black on beige and I love this color combination. But I don't have little kids, so I'm not giving it the same workout your family may.

However, this version of BMW's biege is a very light color - more like a sand color - and it is hard to keep looking clean. And as seakat mentioned, blue jeans do rub off on the seats and make them look dirty.

Also, there is too much beige overall in the interior - it needs some black trim to contrast it (the Auburn set-up is great that way).

And, yes, all the non-leather beige surfaces show scuffs too.

All of this makes beige the most difficult interior to keep looking like new, but you can keep it clean - it's just a lot of work.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='263714' date='Apr 2 2006, 01:05 PM
Also, there is too much beige overall in the interior - it needs some black trim to contrast it (the Auburn set-up is great that way).

If there if there were more black inside I would have picked the beige over black for my car. I love the Auburn (with antracite roof) but couldn't go that route and still get vented seats. The beige/black interior would have been sweet.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='263618' date='Apr 2 2006, 11:32 AM
Is the color you opted for, easier or harder to maintain than you thought it would be?
I bought my 04 e60 second hand when it was just shy of 2 years old. It's titanium grey with black leather.

Leather is holding up fine with no real maintenance so far as I can see.

In terms of colour combinations - I looked at a lot whilst trying to find a car and personally, I really didn't like light on light (ie titanitum silver + grey) to me it looked washed out and a bit cheap.

However a lot of this depends on the trim option - as this was less of a problem with the nicer wood trims.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Beige will look likie a mess quickly, especially the carpet, I think its for older, "cleaner" people. Grey looks like the interior of a Toyota taxi in Singapore :thumbsdown: Go for the BLACK, nice combo with Silver grey
Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

Personal preferences - had three cars with beige leather. Looks great. No problems (but cleaned once on 18 months)

personally hate coal tip black and so grey grey
Old 04-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I have the Titanium Silver with black dakota leather, I have no issues about being hot. I keep the AC on in the summer and I'm cool as an iceberg Remember, its your personal choice, don't try and be practical, get what you like.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Auburn here... the butt part is getting dirty faster than other parts of the seat. But then again thats not Auburns fault... Gray would be worse! I love auburn... I'll just clean it more often with leather cleaner...
Old 04-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Had the grey interior in my last e60 and it got really stained very quickly. If you do go for a light interior I would advise you get black mats or provide carpet slippers for all passengers. I have the black interior now and with a quick wipe it comes up like new.

Quick Reply: How is it holding up?