E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How to fold down rear seats??? help noob question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011 | 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Hello Everyone,

So my sideskirts finally came in from trinityAuto but now im scratching my head about how to get them in my car in order to take them to the bodyshop. How do i fold down the rear seats on an 04 530i?? I didnt see any release button....Help please lol
Old 03-13-2011 | 02:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550 -- Dinan Stage 1 (fully loaded) -------------------------------------------- 1. Dinan Free Flow Exhaust 2. Dinan High Flow Intake 3. Dinan Stage 3 Software 4. Dinan Shock Braces 5. Dinan Strut Braces 6. Dinan Throttle Body 7. Dinan Stage 1 Suspension 8. Black kidney grills 9. HRE Performance Rims (P40s in textured black) 10. Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

Not possible. Rear seats don't fold down. Some cars have the ski pass option -- but no full fold down rear seats.

Todd
Old 03-13-2011 | 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ciphin
Not possible. Rear seats don't fold down. Some cars have the ski pass option -- but no full fold down rear seats.

Todd

???? Really? so they dont go down at all? Whats the ski pass option?
Old 03-13-2011 | 03:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Ski bag!
goes in the trunk, comes out like so
otherwise, just check the trunk for 2 latches.. if you dont have said latches, i assume you're out of luck

How to fold down rear seats??? help noob question-image.do.jpeg
Old 03-13-2011 | 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Split-folding rear seats were a separate option, you must not have them. Should be a lever for each side in the trunk...
Old 03-13-2011 | 04:02 PM
Members

you could fit the side skirts if you fold the front passenger seat all the way backwards, they fit on mine
Old 03-13-2011 | 05:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ciphin

Todd
Sorry Todd ... folding rear seats are an option. But you are sort of correct, the backs fold down in split sections - not full fold down. If that option is available in the OP's car it would permit long articles to be carried. I've actually carried 8' sections of PVC pipe
Attached Thumbnails How to fold down rear seats??? help noob question-rearseat.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011 | 02:28 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d titansilver, manual transmission BMW 535d titansilver, automatic + AMG shift Paddles

Hey there.

Just as a small tip, you COULD take out the rear seat, that would then be the same as with the seat "folded down". It's not that hard, I found it I think on this forum (can't find it right now though), but it's definately possible, with a bit of work. (say, under 1 hour). Done it once, in order to repair the stuck rear armrest.

Cheers

PS: you could "fold" the passanger seat back flat, and put them in, over the center console, slightly hanging out the rear left window
Old 03-14-2011 | 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Puricele7e
Hey there.
Just as a small tip, you COULD take out the rear seat, that would then be the same as with the seat "folded down". It's not that hard, I found it I think on this forum (can't find it right now though), but it's definately possible, with a bit of work. (say, under 1 hour). Done it once, in order to repair the stuck rear armrest.
Cheers
PS: you could "fold" the passanger seat back flat, and put them in, over the center console, slightly hanging out the rear left window
This can be accomplished easily BUT it requires use of special BMW tool # RRS22845 or equivalent as illustrated below :
Attached Thumbnails How to fold down rear seats??? help noob question-poulan_gas_chainsaw.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011 | 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Sorry Todd ... folding rear seats are an option. But you are sort of correct, the backs fold down in split sections - not full fold down. If that option is available in the OP's car it would permit long articles to be carried. I've actually carried 8' sections of PVC pipe
+1
Its an option that BMW charges its customers for unlike any other car maker

Quick Reply: How to fold down rear seats??? help noob question