E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How do you sit in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

I sit fairly upright. Lumbar support out most of the way, I have a bad back. I was taught at a driver's school a long time ago to adjust the seat to where I can lay the wrist of my right arm on top of the steering wheel without stretching my arm out uncomfortably. Don't read into that, just stick your arm straight out and have the wrist fall on top of the wheel. I do have the headrest adjusted out pretty far too. It's nice to be able to rest my head on it without having the lean back.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1063322' date='Nov 26 2009, 06:35 PM
My seat is as LOW as possible, with the butt tilted back. this gives me a supportive sport feel. I feel lower to the ground, almost like in a corvette. My seat is tilted back, with the upper part tilted forward all the way forward, so I can have a lounged position, but not have to lean forward. I never understood the "gangster" seat all the way back so you have to lean forward. my seat is far enough back, but i dont lean forward. My headrest is up a bit, lines up perfectly with my head, and the butterfly adjustment on the head rest is curled in to give the seats a unique look. side bolsters are also adjusted all the way in.

Passenger seat is set to match.

+1 perfectly. Must be a NE thing.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

I know how the so cal guys change the way we all sit when a cop rolls up
Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='1063463' date='Nov 26 2009, 08:51 PM
I know how the so cal guys change the way we all sit when a cop rolls up
+1
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

I adjust seats so my right foot can touch the firewall behind the brake. If not, I won't be able to do full force braking in an emergency.
Seat and steering column set pretty high for maximum visibility. Set arm length using wrist like Sbrown suggested. Also have ext. mirrors canted out fairly far until I CAN'T see the side of the car. (When did your own car ever pass you?) Don't set seat bolsters into memory settings--that way they release their grip when car is turned off.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by Gilgorm' post='1063486' date='Nov 27 2009, 12:42 AM
I adjust seats so my right foot can touch the firewall behind the brake. If not, I won't be able to do full force braking in an emergency.
Seat and steering column set pretty high for maximum visibility. Set arm length using wrist like Sbrown suggested. Also have ext. mirrors canted out fairly far until I CAN'T see the side of the car. (When did your own car ever pass you?) Don't set seat bolsters into memory settings--that way they release their grip when car is turned off.
i have my mirrors so they just see the tip of my door.. i never understand why ppl have the mirrors so they can see their own car...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by juventus' post='1063255' date='Nov 26 2009, 04:12 PM
One of my patients complained that whenever he placed his cell phone under his balls while driving, it hurt him. And that was his presenting complaint!!!!!!!!
Are you an in-car urologist or is your office just near a truck stop? How could this issue even come up?! Why would the guy (I'm assuming its a guy, ok) not just put his phone... I don't know... like somewhere else? And I do not mean up his butt BTW
Old 11-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1063322' date='Nov 26 2009, 06:35 PM
My seat is as LOW as possible, with the butt tilted back. this gives me a supportive sport feel. I feel lower to the ground, almost like in a corvette. My seat is tilted back, with the upper part tilted forward all the way forward, so I can have a lounged position, but not have to lean forward. I never understood the "gangster" seat all the way back so you have to lean forward. my seat is far enough back, but i dont lean forward. My headrest is up a bit, lines up perfectly with my head, and the butterfly adjustment on the head rest is curled in to give the seats a unique look. side bolsters are also adjusted all the way in.

Passenger seat is set to match.
i am 5'11 if i sat all th way down i could see out my windows... thats really different...i def understand teh sportscar like corvette feeing tho, thats how it felt when i did put it all the way down..like RACY...
Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Members

(Comfort seats)
I like to put the front of the seat up all the way, and the back of the seat down a bit so I'm tipped back a bit. I wrap around the side bolsters tight, and have the shoulder support curled in and the head rest wrapped around me. The leg support goes out almost all the way.

Only problem I have is my knee hits the bottom of the steering column, and I hate that!! I wish the seats had 3 programable spots. It would be nice if the controls were on the side of the door so they are easier to get to, and also that the seat retracted back when you pull out the key, not just the wheel. These are the 3 things I miss the most from my Mercedes.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1063491' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:47 PM
Are you an in-car urologist or is your office just near a truck stop? How could this issue even come up?! Why would the guy (I'm assuming its a guy, ok) not just put his phone... I don't know... like somewhere else? And I do not mean up his butt BTW
I couldn't believe it myself. I mean what in theworld did he expect me to say or do. I don't remember my exact answer but I don't recall he was too satisfied with my answer.

Quick Reply: How do you sit in your car?