E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How do you Have your Logic 7 Set

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mentioned this earlier, and spent a wonderful 3 hours today playing with adjustments, and listened to over 50 Cd's,

No matter what I cant get these adjustments to a point where it is acceptable for most music.

Making adjustments for each song is absurd.

Sometimes the Bass is Muddy and Boomy, I reduce 100k, and the Bass, then it dissapears alltogether. 200-500k seems to make things worse.

I have left things FLAT, Logic off etc.

From what I know about Audio I really think the EQ settings are not accurate in there relative frequencies, it doesnt make sense to me.

If I had my old analyzer when i uesd to set up Media Rooms and Car Audio systems I would test it to confirm, but I dont I just have my tuned ears.

As I listened to each Cd, here is what I have come up with

R/B sounds great, however I do not listen to this all the time.
Rock just sounds too bright, annoys me that I cant take it.
Jazz sounds very good
POP, all over the place, I just popped in the new U2 CD, it sounds unreal at home, in the car is just sounds terrible. boomy, grainy and bright,

Now I like to listen fairly loud and this has not affected my results, I noticed when I reduced volume my bass becomes boomier, I dont like that, just my taste.

What do you guys listen to and what are your IDEAL settings?

I have an enormous Music collection and my brother is a big producer and I get tons of Hot tracks, and I spend alot of time during the day in the car. He took a listen today and said it sound s Like S>>T, that just added to my fire.

The car is so damn quiet I still cant get over it, if I cant hear the motor or exhaust I want to hear my music the right way.

Was it worth the $1800, Thats a no brainer yes, going aftermarket would cost 5- 7k and your car would be torn apart, when I drive blows up the dealer will blame the installer 100%.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

I cut the bass - first 2 freq. By 3 on the lowest 1 on the next.

Rock/pop/alternative

I go back and forth on the logic 7. This needs to be changed for almost every song. I just change them when I am in the mood to tinker.

Mine sounded really bad until I realized that some person (I am being kind) had turned up the bass and treble while the car was at the dealer getting work done. I haven't complained about that but it does annoy me. Just a thought. I never usually look there so I didn't notice it right away.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

I back off 1 notch on the 100Hz and 200Hz, the rest Flat.

I use the Theatre setting on L7 because I find in the "off" position the sound is too boxy and comes from a point source.

Concert mode just adds too much of a "phased" effect for me.

Theatre gives the right amount of subtle, spacious imaging.

All imho, of course!