E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Ways to get to your Audio Aux & Sat Radio
Audio Aux via programmable Steering wheel button.
25.00%
Audio Aux via voice command.
8.33%
Both methods work for me.
0%
Neither method works for me.
8.33%
Sat Radio (OEM) via programmable steering wheel button.
25.00%
Sat radio (OEM) via voice recognition.
8.33%
Both methods work for me (OEM)
8.33%
Sat Radio (retrofit) via programmable steering wheel button.
8.33%
Sat Radio (retrofit) via voice recognition.
0%
Both methods work for me (retrofit).
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

How do you get to your Audio Aux and Sat Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

After getting a response this morning to my dealers PuMA input on my issue of not being able to select Audio Aux via the programmable button on steering wheel I decided to develop this poll. I included Sat Radio as the response said not only was Aux not available in this manner yet, but that Sat radio was not as well (mine is). At first the SA paraphrased the PuMA response. I then had her read it verbatim. When she read it to me she included the word "retrofit" in the disclaimer on being unable to use the button. Well of course Audio Aux is always a retrofit. But some forum members DO HAVE audio aux available via steering wheel button and some do not.

On the other hand Sat Radio is not always a retrofit. So I tried to incorporate the difference in the poll. Make sure u use the correct Sat radio choices - OEM means factory installed as delivered to u. Retrofit means (obviously) u took it in to have it installed later. For our purposes here I do not think separating between those who had Sat Radio prep and those that got it added without sat radio prep is necessary, at least not now.

U r of course encouraged to add comments to you vote as well.

My motive here is to not only help me convince the dealer that this my be a bogus claim on not being available, but to help others that may not have one or the working as well.

I also pressed the SA to please, please ask BMW to provide software release notes on the changes incorporated in each software update.

Thanks for your participation.

One last thing, Mark if this needs to be moved to another forum please do so. I kinda assumed a poll would go in the main forum.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

What's the voice command for AUX? If I knew that I could help determine if mine works or not.

I use mine through the programmable wheel button.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:03 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

My aux input can be accessed with voice command (command is auxiliary), but not with the steering wheel button. If I'm using aux and press the steering wheel button, it will cycle through the various input options, but not come back to aux.

To be honest, I've used the steering wheel button maybe twice (to see how it worked when I first got the car ), and use voice command to change audio inputs, aux not available with the button isn't a big deal to me, so I told the dealer to look at it next time I bring my car in. The only reason I even noticed it wasn't available with the button is because somebody mentioned it here!

I have sat radio prep, but not installed.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:48 AM
What's the voice command for AUX?? If I knew that I could help determine if mine works or not.?

I use mine through the programmable wheel button.
[snapback]139679[/snapback]
Mine works with "Audio Aux Menu". May be one or two others but I do not remember right now.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Looks llike I do not know how to set up poll query. I wanted more than one answer to be available since it is like 2/3 questions. But I must not have read the large print. Oh well. focus in the Audio Aux portion. for NOw and maybe I can fix this if there are too many issues.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Ok, so I tried to vote on both items but as you mentioned above, I could not. So for the record, both Aux and Sat work from the steering wheel button.

I am having a problem with my voice command right now....but I have seen and heard it work in others cars, so it does work.

TC
Old 06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My dealer won't install AUX for me, but my SAT works via the button on the steering wheel. I'll try the voice when I get back in town.

james