5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   How do u use the headlight wash?? (newbie sorry) (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/how-do-u-use-headlight-wash-newbie-sorry-63475/)

theXman 10-15-2008 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by benstone' post='693539' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:51 AM
It doesn't really clean the headlights near as efficiently as plain old fashioned cloth.

Well then you can say that about the windshield washer too. :rolleyes:
Its there as a temp solution to keep the glass clear while the car is in motion. :whistle:

C's Bimmer 10-15-2008 08:29 PM

I hate the headlight washers. I turn off my lights at night while driving, when I want to spray down the windshield. Hahahaha! It's so dangerous, but I refuse to get my hood all wet and dirty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DRANGED 10-15-2008 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='694451' date='Oct 15 2008, 11:29 PM
I hate the headlight washers. I turn off my lights at night while driving, when I want to spray down the windshield. Hahahaha! It's so dangerous, but I refuse to get my hood all wet and dirty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's my move too!!! :lol:

Miikka 10-15-2008 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='694451' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:29 AM

Amazing ...

I think I am in the wrong forum totally :D E60 is just a car for me (when I get it); okay, a really nice car but still a car. I can always drive it through a washing machine if it gets dirty on the hood. And besides, when it gets delivered in January, that is the time of the year in here when it will get dirty faster than you can say Bayerische Motoren Werke - so it doesn't matter if headlight washers will wash hood also. :D

C's Bimmer 10-15-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Miikka' post='694460' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:36 AM
Amazing ...

I think I am in the wrong forum totally :D E60 is just a car for me (when I get it); okay, a really nice car but still a car. I can always drive it through a washing machine if it gets dirty on the hood. And besides, when it gets delivered in January, that is the time of the year in here when it will get dirty faster than you can say Bayerische Motoren Werke - so it doesn't matter if headlight washers will wash hood also. :D

Not sure about you guys, but when my headlights are all covered up with mud, I pull over, throw a towel at my wife and tell her to get out and clean the headlights. I don't care if it's hailing, raining or snowing. If it's not sparkling, I tell her not to bother getting back in the car until it's perfect.

benstone 10-15-2008 10:26 PM

Is there a way you can turn off the headlight washers?

littlemouse 10-16-2008 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='694487' date='Oct 16 2008, 06:06 AM
Not sure about you guys, but when my headlights are all covered up with mud, I pull over, throw a towel at my wife and tell her to get out and clean the headlights. I don't care if it's hailing, raining or snowing. If it's not sparkling, I tell her not to bother getting back in the car until it's perfect.

:lol: You have such a way with words ... Does your wife ever read your posts :think: :lol: :lol:

Ricracing 10-16-2008 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by benstone' post='693539' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:51 AM
I personally think BMW put the headlight washer in as a novelty to sell cars. It doesn't really clean the headlights near as efficiently as plain old fashioned cloth.

They are a must by law with Xenons in the EU.

They don't spray when using the "auto light mode" (in the LCI).

And thank g*d for that, saves a lot of washer fluid.

Miikka 10-16-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='694790' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:02 PM
They are a must by law with Xenons in the EU.

They don't spray when using the "auto light mode" (in the LCI).

And thank g*d for that, saves a lot of washer fluid.

So if always using "auto light mode" then they basically never spray in LCIs with Xenons? And to make them spray you actually have to change to some other light mode? Hmmm, doesn't sound very clever actually. I wonder why they didn't implement in that way that it won't spray for every time but for example every 5th time or something like that.

misal1091 10-16-2008 01:41 PM

while your lights are on, do your windscreen wiper spray and ur lights will be sprayed also