E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How to do this trick?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

I saw on some videos that some 5-series can do this: use the remote or tap on the door handle to close the car windows after turning off the engine. Is this a coding thing or a special package.

Also, my 535i has this problem: sometimes when I lock the car, even when some windows are open, the locking sound will still go on. (isn't it supposed to be, when there is window open, the locking sound won't go on to remind you shut the windows?)

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, how many of you are driving with one or two warning indicate lights on? Which problem will you choose to ignore instead of fixing right away?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by louisrai
I saw on some videos that some 5-series can do this: use the remote or tap on the door handle to close the car windows after turning off the engine. Is this a coding thing or a special package.

Also, my 535i has this problem: sometimes when I lock the car, even when some windows are open, the locking sound will still go on. (isn't it supposed to be, when there is window open, the locking sound won't go on to remind you shut the windows?)

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, how many of you are driving with one or two warning indicate lights on? Which problem will you choose to ignore instead of fixing right away?

you can lock the car with the windows down. You won't get a warning. That alarm is active and if you reach inside the car the motion sensor will set off the alarm- if you have an alarm.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Contributors

• I saw on some videos that some 5-series can do this: use the remote or tap on the door handle to close the car windows after turning off the engine. Is this a coding thing or a special package.
    • The key fob lock button can be used to close your windows; if you have comfort access you can do the same by a constant touch on the driver door lock area
  • Also, my 535i has this problem: sometimes when I lock the car, even when some windows are open, the locking sound will still go on. (isn't it supposed to be, when there is window open, the locking sound won't go on to remind you shut the windows?)
    • You can set the audible alert for lock / unlock in iDrive settings
    • The interior motion sensor is armed when the alarm is set - regardless of windows open or closed.
  • Out of curiosity, how many of you are driving with one or two warning indicate lights on? Which problem will you choose to ignore instead of fixing right away?
    • I don't - certainly some are more critical than others - like a bulb out vs TPMS Alert
BTW, you could find answers to questions like these by downloading the owner's manual from the Information Section of this forum
Old 01-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Members

I have a "new to me" 2008 528xi with comfort access. I am confused on the automatic closing of windows and sunroof. Whe I exit and lock the car by touching the door handle, the windows do not close. In my manual there's an asterisk beside this function, leading me to believe that's it's an option over and above the comfort access option. Can someone clarify for me? Should this work for me with comfort access?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JeffCharger
I have a "new to me" 2008 528xi with comfort access. I am confused on the automatic closing of windows and sunroof. Whe I exit and lock the car by touching the door handle, the windows do not close. In my manual there's an asterisk beside this function, leading me to believe that's it's an option over and above the comfort access option. Can someone clarify for me? Should this work for me with comfort access?
You can close your windows and glass roof panel by holding your hand at the driver door handle with the CA fob in close proximity. If you remove your hand the process will stop - also noted the same in your other (similar) post. The information is detailed in your owner's manual. Please download one from this forum's information section - it'll be easier to search than the paper copy.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
You can close your windows and glass roof panel by holding your hand at the driver door handle with the CA fob in close proximity. If you remove your hand the process will stop - also noted the same in your other (similar) post. The information is detailed in your owner's manual. Please download one from this forum's information section - it'll be easier to search than the paper copy.
Ya, sorry about the double post. I realized that I'd posted this in a buried thread, so I posted a new one. I have the eManual...it's great. I have it on about 3 pc's so it's always on hand. That's in fact how I found this feature. I didn't know the car had it until I saw it in the manual. What wasn't clear to me was that your hand/finger needed to linger for awhile.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Simon (Nomis Nehc) should chime in here soon!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Window / sunroof close:

Comfort access - lock the vehicle, and continue holding the door handle until after all windows are closed.
Key access - insert key in driver's door lock, lock the vehicle and continue holding the key in lock position until all windows are closed.

Ditto for windows open when unlocking the vehicle.

Using remote lock button to operate windows and sunroof. This is standard on European models, but not in the US. It can be coded via NCS Expert.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vkhong
Window / sunroof close:

Comfort access - lock the vehicle, and continue holding the door handle until after all windows are closed.
Key access - insert key in driver's door lock, lock the vehicle and continue holding the key in lock position until all windows are closed.

Ditto for windows open when unlocking the vehicle.

Using remote lock button to operate windows and sunroof. This is standard on European models, but not in the US. It can be coded via NCS Expert.
Very cool.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

Originally Posted by luigi524td
  • I saw on some videos that some 5-series can do this: use the remote or tap on the door handle to close the car windows after turning off the engine. Is this a coding thing or a special package.
    • The key fob lock button can be used to close your windows; if you have comfort access you can do the same by a constant touch on the driver door lock area
  • Also, my 535i has this problem: sometimes when I lock the car, even when some windows are open, the locking sound will still go on. (isn't it supposed to be, when there is window open, the locking sound won't go on to remind you shut the windows?)
    • You can set the audible alert for lock / unlock in iDrive settings
    • The interior motion sensor is armed when the alarm is set - regardless of windows open or closed.
  • Out of curiosity, how many of you are driving with one or two warning indicate lights on? Which problem will you choose to ignore instead of fixing right away?
    • I don't - certainly some are more critical than others - like a bulb out vs TPMS Alert
BTW, you could find answers to questions like these by downloading the owner's manual from the Information Section of this forum
Thanks! btw, I did check the user manual very carefully, and that is why I am asking the question: the locking audible alert should not come out when you lock the car with some windows open! But it does come out sometime when the windows are open...I do believe that the alert does not work well every time.

Quick Reply: How to do this trick?