E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How do I set satellite radio presets

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phlfly
07 I-drive doesnt' allow store more then 12 presents, it's upsetting.
My '08 only allows 6. If someone knows how to store more on the buttons let me know. It is frustrating as all my other cars lets me store based on the source being used, i.e. 6 FM1 presets, 6 FM 2 presets, 6 Satellite presets, 6 AM presets all using the buttons below the radio. Hard to believe this technologically advanced e60 only allows 6 whatever presets using the buttons.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM
cpo
Members

Originally Posted by ntocamping
My '08 only allows 6. If someone knows how to store more on the buttons let me know. It is frustrating as all my other cars lets me store based on the source being used, i.e. 6 FM1 presets, 6 FM 2 presets, 6 Satellite presets, 6 AM presets all using the buttons below the radio. Hard to believe this technologically advanced e60 only allows 6 whatever presets using the buttons.
The buttons aren't really "presets" for the radio as much as shortcuts to all kinds of things. I have some set for FM some for SAT and some for phone.

The actual SAT presets are controlled via the iDrive interface, and there are 12 for SAT. I guess if you wanted to do it, you could probably have 6 shortcuts + 12 presets for a total of 18 SAT selections...but I certainly would never need that many. I do hear your point tho...sorta like dynamic buttons that change based on the source, however, that would remove the function of having shortcuts that go anywhere...regardless of where you are. My prior vehicle had buttons as you describe, and it always took potentially 2 steps to get to a channel I wanted. One to select the source, and another to select the preset that I wanted. At least with the BMW shortcuts...It takes one press to get what I want...but I am limited to only 6 favorites...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Members

Just to clarify, I was talking about the presets you access through idrive not the 6 buttons below the cd drive. As cpo pointed out, the 6 buttons can be set for accessing various things not just radio/satellite presets.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

i am having the same problem with my 08. I will try these techniques and see what works. Thanks guys. This forum is full of knowledge.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Members

Is it passible to have all stations without Subscribing??
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM
cpo
Members

Originally Posted by 5 series boy
Is it passible to have all stations without Subscribing??
Only if the car is already subscribed and the original owner didn't cancel the service. It's totally plausible for someone to forget to cancel, or have it set to terminate at the end of a billing cycle, particularly if they didn't change their service to a new vehicle.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Members

The other possibility is that the previous owner did a lifetime subscription. Lifetime subscriptions on OEM (factory installed) radios stay with the radio. There would be no refund available to the previous owner and they can't transfer the subscription to a new radio. It would have been possible for the previous owner to cancel the lifetime subscription but they would have gotten no benefit in doing so. You may have lucked out and now have a lifetime subscription for free. IMO, only do lifetime subscriptions on aftermarket radios. With lifetime on aftermarket you can transfer to a new radio up to 5 times (I believe that is the right amount of times anyway?) but if you use one of those transfers to go to a OEM radio it would then stay with that radio.

You could contact Sirius with the id number of your radio and check if it shows a lifetime subscription, or you could just reap the benefits and enjoy.