E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

how to clean the beige leather?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car has only done 4000km but the beige leather is already very dirty! Its mostly on the seat squab and i think it may be caused by dye coming off pants as the interior has been very well looked after.

Any ideas on what is a good way to clean the leather?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

I have beige leather and dont have that problem. I use Autoglym leather cleaner and cream and it is awesome you get the "Matte finish as it once was. Please search detail forum here and there is more info
Old 06-14-2006, 03:07 AM
Contributors

I had grey (which is lighter i think) for about 2 years on my previous mystic blue and barely could see any mark of (jeans or anything like that). i have grey again for 7 months already and still not a mark.

maybe it is the jeans that you wear. Not that I want to attack you but some jeans if they are not made of good quality, they tend to let the color goes away easily. Dude i am not attacking you. I am just saying what i hear.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

Windex fixes everything ... didn't you watch "my big fat greek wedding"?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Members

hahah amigo525 dont worry i dont take it as a personal attack. I only wear diesel jeans which are of decent quality however one of my pairs are very dark and are made to fade so that could be causing it. However the passenger seat isn't looking great either.

Funny thing is i had the exact same colour and type of leather in an X5 and didn't have a problem. But i guess i'll just shop around for a good leather cleaner available in s.a. i just wanted to stay away from the stuff that makes your leather all shiny.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Members

I have a J Crew full-length cashmere/wool black coat that stained the crap out of the my tan interior. I tried Lexol cleaner, windex, and even a little degreaser with no luck. Its really faint now, but I know its there.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far, I've used two methods:
1. Apply some dishwasher soap on a sponge and clean. Then, wipe cleaned area two to three times with towel soaked with cold water. This method works very well.

2. Current method that I'm using is apply Lexol on leather and clean with soft cloth. Then, wipe cleaned area two to three times with towel soaked with cold water until I don't feel greasy from Lexol anymore.

Both methods serves very very well and my leather is still in very good condition. I have 50K miles on my car.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I had beige interiour in my '99 320Ci.

After a couple of weeks driving with a pair of new Levi's jeans the seats where blue.

Just use any quality leather cleaner, Autoglym is OK but try to find a liquid
without silicone.
The Britts have good stuff used for Jaguars, Aston Martins and such...

And if it is humid outside, do not wear new bluejeans, whatever brand.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by diesel020' post='297234' date='Jun 14 2006, 03:11 AM
Car has only done 4000km but the beige leather is already very dirty! Its mostly on the seat squab and i think it may be caused by dye coming off pants as the interior has been very well looked after.

Any ideas on what is a good way to clean the leather?
I have the same problem and purchased the BMW leather cleaner from the dealer. I tried it once and results are not too spectacular. I noticed one of the posts suggested using "matte finish" Autoglym(?) what is it and where can one purchase it?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Mix 1 part Woolite with 5 parts water in a spray bottle. This makes an excellent leather and general interior cleaner. I use Lexol conditioner to dress the leather. This combo works well on my wife's Lexus which has beige leather.

Quick Reply: how to clean the beige leather?