E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='424472' date='May 15 2007, 12:41 PM
I will only do such speed in fast car like Ferrari or Porsche... ... My BMW is slow

BTW, how long does it take of going 0 to 220???
have not tryed cos I was doing 100 already.
its 100 to 220 but I did not time it maybe next time.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Contributors

BTW show a crash on Sunday going to Shung Shui a lambo front and backend all gone he must have been doing over 150, it was in daytime too 4pm.
$hit driver, HK people just dont know when or how to drive fast, in fast cars.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='424476' date='May 15 2007, 12:57 PM
BTW show a crash on Sunday going to Shung Shui a lambo front and backend all gone he must have been doing over 150, it was in daytime too 4pm.
$hit driver, HK people just dont know when or how to drive fast, in fast cars.
Yeah! what a waste... ... :thumbsdown:
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dsc01386.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dsc01385.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dsc01384.jpg  
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='424521' date='May 15 2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah! what a waste... ... :thumbsdown:
you show the crash too.
I think it was this 1, itis the same colour and same make
Old 05-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='424425' date='May 15 2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think there's any replica style 172 in HK!!! ... ... Atleast I haven't see any before...
Thanks for your help guys....really appreciated! So, probably i am going to get this wheels early next month....if it is rare in HK!

Regards to Lambo crash, i always have a thought in my mind....why our government never want to see a race track appear in HK?! Even a tiny one would help

those rich but unskilled people to have a proper driving skills (at least with their supercar). I have been to track day in UK, that is not only improved my

driving skills alone, i had also learned how to drive responsible on the road as well. I don't mind people driving fast on the open road where it is very safe (As

what i will do), but in this case.....what i can see from this Lambo driver....i am not so sure.....at about 4pm? ...........Anyway...it might be an accident....no one

knows(Apart from him)......And............the car is now damaged........i hope the driver is ok (But i am sure his pocket is not ok...).

Keith
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='424540' date='May 15 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys....really appreciated! So, probably i am going to get this wheels early next month....if it is rare in HK!

Regards to Lambo crash, i always have a thought in my mind....why our government never want to see a race track appear in HK?! Even a tiny one would help

those rich but unskilled people to have a proper driving skills (at least with their supercar). I have been to track day in UK, that is not only improved my

driving skills alone, i had also learned how to drive responsible on the road as well. I don't mind people driving fast on the open road where it is very safe (As

what i will do), but in this case.....what i can see from this Lambo driver....i am not so sure.....at about 4pm? ...........Anyway...it might be an accident....no one

knows(Apart from him)......And............the car is now damaged........i hope the driver is ok (But i am sure his pocket is not ok...).
Keith
ya back in UK I always go to trackdays all the time, itis more fun and much more safer too.
I wish HK will build a track cos there what be that many street racer at night out side my house, at the weekend.
about the wheels, I ask him about the rep, he can get them but only in 18" not 19" and they cost too much too for 18" not worth it.
With reps wheels they can make any thing now days.
If you get the 172 wheels I think you will be the 1st 1 to have them in HK.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Contributors

any of you guy going to get the new facelift E60 LED back lights or my LED 1s?
I see that they need to be mod to get them to work, unlike the 1s I have just plug and play.

I have found these lights too, looks like we going to see other old BMW with these tube lights too.
I dont like any of these lights at all, very badly designed.

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-led_lights.jpg
Old 05-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='424540' date='May 15 2007, 08:11 PM

Keith
Regarding why there's no track in HK, first reason that comes to mind is the cost of maintaining a track in HK. Do you have any idea how much the land would cost for the track and how many houses it can be build on it?

Apart from that, there's alot of negative externalities associated with a track in HK like noise pollution and air pollution. Without a government subsidy or a permit from the government people who wish to start a car racing track will have a hard time doing so. In HK, racing is a sport for the rich and it will not gain support from the majority as the majority is poor.

If you want to do track days, you can go to Zhu Hai in China but of course it cost more as you would have to ship your car there. I think the guy in the Lambo have went to track as if you can afford a Lambo in HK, chances are you are pretty well off and the car only cost you spare change, so no harm done in the pocket for that guy.

Only heard of the news, but never got any details of it. Heard that the guy in Lambo was racing a Nissan what an idiot, hope everyone was ok except the guy racing, maybe losing a limb or two will put the guy where he belongs. In a backseat of the car.

I agree that if you have had some kind of performance driving training, it will help but to a certain degree. What's important is how you approch the issue. If you think you've had racing training and think that is ok for you to handle and doing those speed on public road then you are wrong, IMHO it should be you know the dangerous of driving high speed therefore don't do it on public roads as they are not build for racing.

I've seen a program on TV where they interview Alan Prost and they were with him in the car, that guy drives at the speed limit, nothing more and he's how many times world champions? I forgot but anyway he should be a better driver then most of us agree?

Having said all that I do speed but I think we can all handle a little faster than legal limits, otherwise we would be in a MB right
Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='424828' date='May 16 2007, 09:53 AM
I've seen a program on TV where they interview Alan Prost and they were with him in the car, that guy drives at the speed limit, nothing more and he's how many times world champions? I forgot but anyway he should be a better driver then most of us agree?

Having said all that I do speed but I think we can all handle a little faster than legal limits, otherwise we would be in a MB right
that right all or 99% of the racing drivers drive very slow on public roads. and they are the most safest drivers in the would.
get a MB if you what to keep under the road limits!!! very funny thats a good 1
Old 05-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='424828' date='May 16 2007, 02:53 AM
I agree that if you have had some kind of performance driving training, it will help but to a certain degree. What's important is how you approch the issue. If you think you've had racing training and think that is ok for you to handle and doing those speed on public road then you are wrong, IMHO it should be you know the dangerous of driving high speed therefore don't do it on public roads as they are not build for racing.

I'm totally agree! Speeding on public road is good fun indeeded but in not good manner.....

Regards the race track in HK...i understand our land is one of the most expensive in this entire world....

and air/noise polloution is the people most concern.......but why can't we have a small one instead?? i mean one or two football pitch size......??

Sorry.....i know we can't have one, can't we???........just feel sad....and want to chill it out.....

Cheers
Keith

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum