E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='363651' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:22 AM
are you from HK?
no its not just 1 car itis all ,no more bmw for gov.
they stop getting the motorbike last year too much to run and keep bracking down, that why they went back to Honda bikes.
Maybe itis the same for BM cars
Apparently Chun Kee is offering the government a very good deal on the police bike so that's why is all VRF 800 now, and yes I think is more reliable and more user friendly for HK roads. Those beemer are just too big.

And the government say that they choose the VW because is not as expensive while it is still classy enough to keep HK's reputation as the world's financial center. I mean why? They are civil servants for crying out loud, they commute around in classy cars doesn't mean that HK is doing well they shouldn't waste taxpayers' money like that.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by redarrow' post='363648' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:04 AM
does bmw in hk also distribute vw/audi? i'm sure bmw won't risk their reputation by replacing that 1 car with a vw/audi. if so, this is 1 big mistake that will stay with them for a long long time.
no they don`t BMW HK is only BMWHK & miniHK
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='363655' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:40 AM
Sure we just wanted a place to hea, and if someone volunteer to lend out their house then why not

The sausage is really ok, just regular sausage you can get anywhere. Unless you are that rich and eat those imported ones that you can only get at CitySuper's deli counter. Maybe you can serve those next time when we come to your house for BBQ.
well not rich just wait until discount for $39HK at jusgo then I buy.
I came to HK for 2 thing Job and food, food, food.
I love eating so HK is the best place to eat any kind of food.
I am a heathy eater so I only had these sausage less than 10 time in BBQ.I try and avoid them.
But my son love any kind of sausages
I never eat the red HK sausage too. yuk
Old 12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='363660' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:48 AM
Apparently Chun Kee is offering the government a very good deal on the police bike so that's why is all VRF 800 now, and yes I think is more reliable and more user friendly for HK roads. Those beemer are just too big.

And the government say that they choose the VW because is not as expensive while it is still classy enough to keep HK's reputation as the world's financial center. I mean why? They are civil servants for crying out loud, they commute around in classy cars doesn't mean that HK is doing well they shouldn't waste taxpayers' money like that.
yes they are very big bike for HK.
I agree too HK government just don`t have brains at all
Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='363651' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:22 AM
are you from HK?
no its not just 1 car itis all ,no more bmw for gov.
they stop getting the motorbike last year too much to run and keep bracking down, that why they went back to Honda bikes.
Maybe itis the same for BM cars
i'm referring to the damaged car for the itu conference this week in which bmw sponsored those cars just for this event. the 200 cars as reported in the media were all sold to private buyers by bmw at a discount prior to this event on the condition that bmw could use them for 1 week (ie: itu conference).

this 1 damaged car has to be replaced because i don't see how that particular buyer in question will accept a damaged car (presumbly bmw also has that contract if there's one which says that it will hand over the car brand new minus the usage for this itu event). which brings the point on why bmw wouldn't risk their reputation by replacing that damaged car with a vw.

these e60s are temporarily assigned am plates and therefore government cars for now. i think you went off tangent a bit with that point of yours by collectively referring to all government cars when i was on the context of the that damaged car for the itu conference.

it's good to know now that key civil servants have bimmers sponsored by the government to drive around as i'm not local in hk. indeed, it's a waste of taxpayers' money
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redarrow' post='363676' date='Dec 5 2006, 12:25 PM
i'm referring to the damaged car for the itu conference this week in which bmw sponsored those cars just for this event. the 200 cars as reported in the media were all sold to private buyers by bmw at a discount prior to this event on the condition that bmw could use them for 1 week (ie: itu conference).

this 1 damaged car has to be replaced because i don't see how that particular buyer in question will accept a damaged car (presumbly bmw also has that contract if there's one which says that it will hand over the car brand new minus the usage for this itu event). which brings the point on why bmw wouldn't risk their reputation by replacing that damaged car with a vw.

these e60s are temporarily assigned am plates and therefore government cars for now. i think you went off tangent a bit with that point of yours by collectively referring to all government cars when i was on the context of the that damaged car for the itu conference.

it's good to know now that key civil servants have bimmers sponsored by the government to drive around as i'm not local in hk. indeed, it's a waste of taxpayers' money
"tax money" they waste it on any thing not just buying BMW and I know that they buy the cars at less than 40% of the market price
at lest they don`t have to pay the 120% tax on cars or isit less now
right I see now the crahed 1.
no way will BMW replace the BME e60 for a VW. That guy who sold the car will have to give a bigger discount or a new car to the buyer
Itis the government that is replacing the BMW with VWs
Old 12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Contributors

my office car models

[attachment=34341:attachment]

[attachment=34345:attachment]
Old 12-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: My car has four wheels
Cool

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='363722' date='Dec 5 2006, 04:57 PM
my office car models

[attachment=34341:attachment]

[attachment=34345:attachment]
A lot models wor...so nice nice
Old 12-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ddzned' post='364517' date='Dec 7 2006, 10:13 PM
A lot models wor...so nice nice
Thanks
Welcome.
Are you from HK?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:34 AM
Members

My Ride: My car has four wheels
Exclamation

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='364518' date='Dec 7 2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks
Welcome.
Are you from HK?
Yes. I'm from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum