E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by pinguhk
they cheaper and designed by Brembo and work very good or he a money <--- monkey and love bananas.

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-2011-12-09_140929.jpg
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

BREMBO Del monte BANANA 6 pot and rear 4pot BIG"dai jiu" Banana

Originally Posted by pinguhk
they cheaper and designed by Brembo and work very good or he a money and love bananas.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by kcleung
z18 definitely is a better deal. I probably would have gone for z18 instead if I knew b4 hand. regardless I am happy w mine and meets all my requriements: front floating disk and fit 17" wheels (ok, you guys wont understand this). moreover its direct bolt on, no bridge, hence no risk of rattle/shake at high speed. as you mentioned, some shops' sources could be questionable and I dont know the local vendors/garage well enough (so far I have met none that I am completely happy w). Going for bmw perf brake gives me the piece of mind I need. I dont like the color either but life is compromise.
Your positive thinking mind is good. Life is short, enjoy your mod.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Jacky328
FJ; the point is not good or bad.
Its about he was cheating!
Even spend couple Ks, You will even don't know where your parts come from.

I learned that Z17/18 mostly comed from Porsche996, as said that my package is NOT come from factory!
(I m sure about this, as I was there to see this package opened, actually its not package at all!)
He definitely cannot prove my caliper is brand new and buy from dealer, as before I oredering the caliper was already there!

So you know what, I am paying some thousands more and get a SECOND-HAND PARTS!!!
right icic
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Contributors

front floating disk and fit 17" wheels (ok, you guys wont understand this).
I think most do understand and some e60 have this.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
BREMBO Del monte BANANA 6 pot and rear 4pot BIG"dai jiu" Banana
U
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Contributors

z18 definitely is a better deal. I probably would have gone for z18 instead if I knew b4 hand. regardless I am happy w mine and meets all my requriements: front floating disk and fit 17" wheels (ok, you guys wont understand this). moreover its direct bolt on, no bridge, hence no risk of rattle/shake at high speed. as you mentioned, some shops' sources could be questionable and I dont know the local vendors/garage well enough (so far I have met none that I am completely happy w). Going for bmw perf brakes gives me the peace of mind I need. I dont like the color either but life is compromise.
will you be out to test the brakes tonight at TMS
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
RC3
Members

My Ride: F10 528i

I think this Z will not be butcher as that garage that sold me Brembo! :thumbsdown:
From what I have see and hear, it quotes fair/resonable price, even I just a outside-street guy.
For example, I called and got quoted HK$20,000 for KWV3 installed, which even cheaper than what you order from vendor directly!

I m a businessman, well know that doing business is of course, in view of make profit!
But it must be honest, fair and reasonable!
If the street is selling it at 17K, by which, it means they already making reasonable profit, why you sold me 22.5K?
You are butching me! Am I idiot?
It makes me fucking angry!
Jacky bro, cheer up. That's true, I have compared prices for the KWV3 and Brembo with the authorized dealers in HK. They quoted more than what I am getting at "Z" shop. I strongly recommend bros to shop around.

Also, I don't want to be the frontier on mods. I saw the F10 guys in the states who have already done the mods and I PM them for details prior to making any decisions. Just don't want to be the first guy and mess up badly.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM
RC3
Members

My Ride: F10 528i

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Jacky,
I've read from discuss.com.hk, a 335i owner has a very disappointing experience with this Z shop. I cannot verify if this is true, but the story he told sounds somewhat disturbing.
For your reference: http://www.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=13867490
I learned this and went to the other "M" garage this 335 guy recommended to do my springs. "M" garage made a mess out of it and I busted them big time. My advice is no shop is perfect, just hit or miss.

I had a couple of things done at "Z" shop and so have a few more F10 guys. All very satisfied with their service. That's why I will be doing my suspensions and brakes there and also recommended Jacky. Again nothing is guaranteed but from our experiences recently, not a bad garage to go to.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

I think this Z will not be butcher as that garage that sold me Brembo! :thumbsdown:
From what I have see and hear, it quotes fair/resonable price, even I just a outside-street guy.
For example, I called and got quoted HK$20,000 for KWV3 installed, which even cheaper than what you order from vendor directly!

I m a businessman, well know that doing business is of course, in view of make profit!
But it must be honest, fair and reasonable!
If the street is selling it at 17K, by which, it means they already making reasonable profit, why you sold me 22.5K?
You are butching me! Am I idiot?
It makes me fucking angry!
Well, butchering a customer means that the shop owner is not looking for a returning customer.
I concur with you trustworthiness is very important as a business owner.

How's Level III training, I think there's a lot of fun, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum