E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Sam, are you going to get the ticket online? If not I can go get it tommorrow in the afternoon.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='331019' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:26 PM
Sam, are you going to get the ticket online? If not I can go get it tommorrow in the afternoon.
Cfm for the F&F3 gathering??
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='331335' date='Sep 6 2006, 09:49 AM
Cfm for the F&F3 gathering??
Yea~
"Toyko Drift"
Date: 7th Sept 7:50pm
Theater: APM
Old 09-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='330563' date='Sep 4 2006, 02:55 AM
You do realize this is a Hong Kong sub-forum right?

Greetings to all my fellow HK based E60ers!! Sure you're enjoying your cars there in gorgeous and fun HK! It's been a few years since I was back there (my cousins all reside there) and I sure do miss all that delicious dim sum and jewelry shopping! In fact, my first ever Rolex watch (a GMT Master II) was purchased over there (with the help of my cousins of course!) and still running great. Just brings back a lot of fond memories.

I'll have to swing by soon, take in your new Disneyland and enjoy some more great dim sum, as well as keep an eye out for all your fine E60 sedans!! But tell me, where exactly can you drive your cars at speeds in HK?? I hear in the wee hours of the AM is best, but still the roads are so short, etc.

At any rate, all the best! On my next visit there, I'll be sure to check out your Commissioners Hong Kong BMW dealership as well!! Sure it's one rocking and fun place to be!

BEST REGARDS
Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hey look another californian posting in the HK thread! Woooo
Old 09-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='332491' date='Sep 8 2006, 04:14 PM
Greetings to all my fellow HK based E60ers!! Sure you're enjoying your cars there in gorgeous and fun HK! It's been a few years since I was back there (my cousins all reside there) and I sure do miss all that delicious dim sum and jewelry shopping! In fact, my first ever Rolex watch (a GMT Master II) was purchased over there (with the help of my cousins of course!) and still running great. Just brings back a lot of fond memories.

I'll have to swing by soon, take in your new Disneyland and enjoy some more great dim sum, as well as keep an eye out for all your fine E60 sedans!! But tell me, where exactly can you drive your cars at speeds in HK?? I hear in the wee hours of the AM is best, but still the roads are so short, etc.

At any rate, all the best! On my next visit there, I'll be sure to check out your Commissioners Hong Kong BMW dealership as well!! Sure it's one rocking and fun place to be!

BEST REGARDS
Hello Gold Panda,

Welcome back to HK. One of the nicest stretch for spirited driving could be the one to/from the airport. You'll see for yourself, unless you're taking the express train instead. Re our local BMW dealer, dont expect too much. The showrooms are small and they dont hv a full stock. They dont hv to cuz its a monopoly so no need for customer service (their moto: u want one? get in line...hehe). Nonetheless, hope you'll have a great time here !
Old 09-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Senior Members

Hey Guys

How's the movie guys? Sorry I've been M.I.A. lately, anything new or interesting going on? Been wanting to take the car in for service (break squeals) but again too lazy to do it. Wonder if I drag on my feet will it be really bad for the brake(s)? Saw an ad for the diesel Discovery 3, had a sudden urge to trade in the 520 for gas savings. Then I did some math and it would take almost 8-10 yrs to recover the extra money I hv to pay for the new car. So, still driving the same old same old with squealling brakes,life it SO interesting.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='332852' date='Sep 10 2006, 04:57 PM
Hey Guys

How's the movie guys? Sorry I've been M.I.A. lately, anything new or interesting going on? Been wanting to take the car in for service (break squeals) but again too lazy to do it. Wonder if I drag on my feet will it be really bad for the brake(s)? Saw an ad for the diesel Discovery 3, had a sudden urge to trade in the 520 for gas savings. Then I did some math and it would take almost 8-10 yrs to recover the extra money I hv to pay for the new car. So, still driving the same old same old with squealling brakes,life it SO interesting.
Hey Bunbun long time no see.

Why didn't you come to the movie? The atmosphere was quite good as the E60.net gang took two rows of seats and Bene60 brought two girls along for the movie, he's the new playa' in town

What's the squeals, occur when you stop or when you touch the brake. I say get it done soon man as brakes are you life.

Disco 3? I think those will last for 10 years as alot of those I saw going off road is that old, but then again who knows how much time does it spent in the shop but how much is that thing going for anyways? Drive your E60 now and wait for the F10, I bet you can be the first one to get it as you are those first ones to get the E60.

But quit complaining man, drive your car into Yuen Long or Kam Tin, you will see old corollas with squealing brakes and loud exhaust, then you will appreciate your E60
Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='332491' date='Sep 9 2006, 06:14 AM

BEST REGARDS
Hi Gold Panda

Here in HK we don't have much road to speed except for the highway connecting the airport and the city but the posted speed limit is only 110km/h with tons of cops on Beemer (BMW bike) and speed traps.

Twisty roads is what HK is about and a drive to Tai Mo Shan is nice with scenic routes along the way.

Hope you enjoy the stay and Disney of course, but way small compare to Florida the only one that I have been to which happens to be the biggest of them all, so still no motivation for me to go yet <_<
Old 09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Finally, the M-kit & the trunk finisher arrived!! I will goto the bodyshop with GF366 tomorrow, hopfully it can be done by the end of this week!

Time for another meet. Most of us got new toys on our cars, so let's brainstorm a date for a meet.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum