E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the rich man pay is fine la. I would suggest you should remove this video or make it private for your benefit. Just from the video POV, it cannot tell who is 100% right or wrong.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Well...if he WAS reversing and you tried to get in his space then im not sure if its all his fault.....

Maybe you should of waited for him to park his car before you did your maneuver?
Mark, I actually stopped and wait. From the video, it seems I stopped close to him, it is actually the wide angle effect, I stopped at least 2 car space behind him.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by newbie2
No matter what, I have stopped completely for a while and waiting for him. He should have enough time to see my car. In addition, I pressed on the horn for long time and he should also hear it! Actually, when I saw him reverse the car, I stopped immediately but I cannot give a hard brake because there is a bus following me, I must stop smoothly. I have nothing doing wrong as a driver in that situation.
I didn't mention that you're doing a wrong thing.
I am saying the environment evidence gives you a disadvantage: You're near 45 degree into that spot with your wheel turned left. If he is a trouble maker, he would say that you're getting into that narrow space without warning him. Again, you will have to understand that video clips will not help you in a court case. If he is rich (appearantly this is the case, since he's driving a new Porsche) and a trouble maker at the same time, you have a high chance for losing the case if he insists his false statement. Just my 2 cents ..
Old 12-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

Given the new Cayenne must has a parking sensor, I don't understand why he still hit you (as you mentioned that he was backing up while you were standing still) ? When a driver is backing, he should either look at the rear view mirror or looks back for clear object. In your case at night time with the headlights on, he should be more easy to see you at the back. Honestly from the video, it seems that you cut in while he was backing up.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by momowing
Most important is no one hurt. Just let him pay the repair cost.

(His new cayenne is good looking)

Go go go. But the tail light......
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Alan has the right of way,as he is in the correct direction and has warned the Porsche who is reversing back in a road, and not a car park.
with the video, it shows that he did not hit the Porsche. Being behind him is not a crime.
reversing without looking and not heeding warnings - well that is bad, imagine a kid was behind him??????

remember that minibus going onto the pavement? he got convicted by the police due to the youtube posting.....
because it had his number plate in the video....

never liked the cayenne- for people with small ones

Originally Posted by MMBMW
Go go go. But the tail light......
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deriffic
Honestly from the video, it seems that you cut in while he was backing up.

I agree....sorry b uddy! but thats just what i think!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by billhk
Alan has the right of way,as he is in the correct direction and has warned the Porsche who is reversing back in a road, and not a car park.
with the video, it shows that he did not hit the Porsche. Being behind him is not a crime.
reversing without looking and not heeding warnings - well that is bad, imagine a kid was behind him??????

remember that minibus going onto the pavement? he got convicted by the police due to the youtube posting.....
because it had his number plate in the video....

never liked the cayenne- for people with small ones
there is a new case for the video recorded in cars.
A bus over took some cars on 2 lane road with double white line and it was upload on youtube too.
Now the police is finding the bus driver that did that and will be fined.
so looks like these video can be used in court
Old 12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by pinguhk
there is a new case for the video recorded in cars.
A bus over took some cars on 2 lane road with double white line and it was upload on youtube too.
Now the police is finding the bus driver that did that and will be fined.
so looks like these video can be used in court
Yes you're right, but that only applies when the call/claim is made by the police force, not a regular citizen like us.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Yes you're right, but that only applies when the call/claim is made by the police force, not a regular citizen like us.
Judges might allow recordings to present in court after they have been verified by expert (ie, not been tampered w), the police have their trained experts for sure but for law abiding citizens, the fees could be quite hefty.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum