E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, its a hk co but made in china I believe. I dont know this co personally but just heard from kenji so I am not in a pos to make recommendation, good or bad. the reason why I showed an interest is this gives me the possiblity to custom make floating discs in oem size for my 323.

1 thing I would say though, china is the worlds factory, a lot of stuff on ebay are probably from china. if you really want to be safe, go for european goods rather than us. euro cos do check the goods received wheras us ones just take the goods by trust, allegedly. do what song bill does, buy german.

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I honestly question the quality of HK made components. I had hub spacers made custom for my car, but after riding on them for a few days/weeks, they snapped and broke.

I am now using H&R and they are just fine...

The prices for US made components are quite attractive on the forums, and with the good feedback from other people who have installed it gives me more confidence.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kcleung
actually, its a hk co but made in china I believe. I dont know this co personally but just heard from kenji so I am not in a pos to make recommendation, good or bad. the reason why I showed an interest is this gives me the possiblity to custom make floating discs in oem size for my 323.

1 thing I would say though, china is the worlds factory, a lot of stuff on ebay are probably from china. if you really want to be safe, go for european goods rather than us. euro cos do check the goods received wheras us ones just take the goods by trust, allegedly. do what song bill does, buy german.
Not all German stuff are good
The disk that keith is using which maybe warped is made in Germany too a company called Zimmermann.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
The disk that keith is using which maybe warped is made in Germany too a company called Zimmermann.
might be the boss of zimmerrmann is a chinese.

of course there is no guarantee and can only provide some general guideline,

joking aside, do what song bill does, call them up and talk to them. I did w ebc and decided not to buy their product after my enquiry to them by email.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by newbie2
did the Active steering warning still there?
The car is now perfect apart fromt he vibration.
The engine run smoother and the cabin is quieter after the engine rubber changed

The car drives very nice and i think i had made a very good decision of repairing it rather than selling it
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by newbie2
Keith

If you go for 545 brake, let me know and we may order together.....

But I think we should also change to steel brake pipe for 545 brake, right?
As Ricky said, we should go the the calipers only, and buy the discs and pads separately.
I tried to search on Ebay and seems not many available there.
Will ask AK to see how much for a set of brand new
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Contributors

i am not sure it is warped or not, but when AK took the wheels off last week,
i saw uneven wear on the discs.

But just let you guys know the EBC redstuff is awesome, i still got 90%+ left after an year driving,
seems it will never wear out
Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
The car is now perfect apart fromt he vibration.
The engine run smoother and the cabin is quieter after the engine rubber changed

The car drives very nice and i think i had made a very good decision of repairing it rather than selling it
thanks god
I was worried you going to get a 7er
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Contributors

As Ricky said, we should go the the calipers only, and buy the discs and pads separately.
I tried to search on Ebay and seems not many available there.
Will ask AK to see how much for a set of brand new
yeah it is very hard to find them on ebay not matter 545 or M5
I saw a set of M5 front for sale 2 weeks ago going for 150 pounds and it was sold for 180 pounds in the end
Old 10-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Contributors

i am not sure it is warped or not, but when AK took the wheels off last week,
i saw uneven wear on the discs.

But just let you guys know the EBC redstuff is awesome, i still got 90%+ left after an year driving,
seems it will never wear out
get Will to drive it for you and I bet it will ware out with in a weeks drive
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

he already have ssl
I just order my from UK $670hk from UK ebay.
my sister is bring them back.
if you what to buy them here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Goodridge-Brai...item3a5ba58abb
hk$670 for 1, right? so we need 4 X $670 = $2680

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum