E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
What K temp is that?
I see mixture of blue and yellow?
This is 3000K.

Yeah, a bit funny. it is blue white within 3 feet but quite yellow from 5 feet onwards.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
why is it white and not yellow when taking photo?
maybe I need to take it with my 5Dmk2 next time in out ND meet
Yeah, need to ask AK next time, this is not white, but very very pale yellow. Maybe just my mobile phone camera problem.

Capt.I am planning to have the 7D..hahaha because I need fast response and focus for taking pic for my doggy. However, this plan put away already after knowing you guys....
Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Members

Haha....first mess up of my E60!

Just replaced the license plate with LED while placing a wrong resistor (20W 4.7Ohm) and toasted the fuse (i think). Didn't look clear while getting the resistor...sigh. Anyone know where is that fuse is for the plate light?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by newbie2
Good luck, man. I dare to think changing the suspension, I guarantee my wife complain :thumbsdown:

You are lucky that your wife has her own har har. You can do whatever you want on e60.
You will be surprised how nice some of the suspension can be when driven gently... like FSD... hehehe...
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Dynamic Damping and Dynamic driving control is still the same trick:

Heavier steering : Similar to when you switch from D to M, the steering is slightly heavier.
Harder suspension : Similar to current EDC (electric damper control - ????) I think.

If I am not mistaken by reading the detail price list received just yesterday, the Dynamic Damping and Dynamic driving control is a part of the "Adaptive Drive" (as known as Dynamic Drive in E60) option for F10 (well, at least that's the case in HK), and it costs HK$35K pre-tax.
"Active steering" is an option available for F10, it's separated from the "Adaptive Drive" option, and will cost you HK$20.5K pre-tax.

All local car test report are showing a car that's pre-build before even the first patch of F10 arriving HK this month. That's not exactly HK spec, since Sports Automatic Transmission with paddle shift is standard (except 523i Executive edition), and you can see no paddles in any local car magazine. Just... I hope that I am wrong!
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think most of the new models from Europe have some kind of electronic controlled suspension as standard these days, like BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, they all come with a few "driving settings", respectively, comfort/manual/sport/sport+, normal/sport/sport+, comfort/sport/manual, so I really think this kinda suspension will become standard

... ie we would have trouble finding any aftermarket replacement in the future like Bilstein PSS10 and/or changing the springs to lower the car, unless the aftermarket suspension can issue models to cater the needs of these cars (and deal with these computers too)...
Old 05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by salu.hk
Haha....first mess up of my E60!

Just replaced the license plate with LED while placing a wrong resistor (20W 4.7Ohm) and toasted the fuse (i think). Didn't look clear while getting the resistor...sigh. Anyone know where is that fuse is for the plate light?
Electron!! Help required here!!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Yeah, need to ask AK next time, this is not white, but very very pale yellow. Maybe just my mobile phone camera problem.

Capt.I am planning to have the 7D..hahaha because I need fast response and focus for taking pic for my doggy. However, this plan put away already after knowing you guys....
Unless u have a bag of lens and accessories, I would seriously consider Nikon. Instead. It has a much better auto focus system
Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by wnshie
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think most of the new models from Europe have some kind of electronic controlled suspension as standard these days, like BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, they all come with a few "driving settings", respectively, comfort/manual/sport/sport+, normal/sport/sport+, comfort/sport/manual, so I really think this kinda suspension will become standard

... ie we would have trouble finding any aftermarket replacement in the future like Bilstein PSS10 and/or changing the springs to lower the car, unless the aftermarket suspension can issue models to cater the needs of these cars (and deal with these computers too)...
Yes EDC will eventually become standard since OE manufacturer is looking for higher profit margin, i.e. more gimmick on their product will do the job. You can find aftermarket suspension for car spec matching if:
1. The OE manufacturer (as you might aware Bilstein is also a famous OE manufacturer for suspension products) is willing to do R&D for specific car models.
2. The demand for aftermarket parts on specific car models is very high. This is to cover the R&D and new mold cost.

At the end of the day, it's all about business, it's the same path just like other businesses.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Dynamic Damping and Dynamic driving control is still the same trick:

Heavier steering : Similar to when you switch from D to M, the steering is slightly heavier.
Harder suspension : Similar to current EDC (electric damper control - ????) I think.

If I am not mistaken by reading the detail price list received just yesterday, the Dynamic Damping and Dynamic driving control is a part of the "Adaptive Drive" (as known as Dynamic Drive in E60) option for F10 (well, at least that's the case in HK), and it costs HK$35K pre-tax.
"Active steering" is an option available for F10, it's separated from the "Adaptive Drive" option, and will cost you HK$20.5K pre-tax.

All local car test report are showing a car that's pre-build before even the first patch of F10 arriving HK this month. That's not exactly HK spec, since Sports Automatic Transmission with paddle shift is standard (except 523i Executive edition), and you can see no paddles in any local car magazine. Just... I hope that I am wrong!
you will not be wrong.
Wow the price keeps going up each year.
compare the price in UK, this is how BMWHK rip you off.
But If I had the money!
like you say DD is the best option for our cars in HK.
Me and Kieth still have not test your car out yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

if you can wait the there is ruma that the 5Dmk3 will be out end of the year or next year with the fast chip from 7D.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum