E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Went to "car" window shopping with friends yesterday and didnt know the new Jaguar XJ has arrived in the showroom!
The car looks just stunning outside with beautiful lines and shape.

I was expecting high inside, but Jag let me down once again.

XJ supposed to be the S class or 7er rival
But the build quality is poor (in luxury car stnadard)as i can "easily" point out few craftmanship imperfections mostly on the steering wheel and in the door cards.
The rear leg room is just slightly more than our E60 (About 3cm more) and the head room is just enough for me!
The rear seat is thin and the leather feels very hard! Seems you are seating in 3er or A4 instead of 1.5M HKD worth of luxury limo!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
so did u visit the porsche show room also?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Went to "car" window shopping with friends yesterday and didnt know the new Jaguar XJ has arrived in the showroom!
The car looks just stunning outside with beautiful lines and shape.

I was expecting high inside, but Jag let me down once again.

XJ supposed to be the S class or 7er rival
But the build quality is poor (in luxury car stnadard)as i can "easily" point out few craftmanship imperfections mostly on the steering wheel and in the door cards.
The rear leg room is just slightly more than our E60 (About 3cm more) and the head room is just enough for me!
The rear seat is thin and the leather feels very hard! Seems you are seating in 3er or A4 instead of 1.5M HKD worth of luxury limo!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
With 1.5M budget, better spend that for the upcoming Porsche Panamera V6 model.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
But is it worth dying for?

The gas pedal in modern BMW has 2 potentiameters for fail safe, sb has only 1 op amp. If that op amp fails or becomes erratic, do u knows for sure what will happen? If u r lucky, the engine might just cut off, on the other hand, it might go full throttle. And if that caused an accident and serious injury / death as a result....

Sorry to be a spoil sport folks, might be it's just me who worry too much but best to know exactly what u r putting urself in For
kc, I really think you get worried too much too easily, all SB has ever done was to put the ECU into "safe mode", ie. the accelerater gets even slower than the stock ones...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
winning a SEMA award, whatever it is, doesnt mean its fail safe.

toyota has been making cars, very good reliable cars for years and what is happening to them now.

btw, an open circuit fault had caused a boeing plane to crash some years back.
Easy there kc, you are saying even stock ones can crash here... we all die some day eventually, everything fails eventually, we can't be this pathic man, than what? We should stay inside a bomb shelter somewhere deep underground? Are you in insurance business or something? Just take it easy la...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
The 19" would be somewhat too much for my 530i as I found it's slightly under power with this setup. I think the tyres at the rear (275/30R19, but that's the recommendated size for the rear wheels) is too wide. This setup is completely good on my ex-E46 M3, perhaps it would be great if my 530i has 5kg/m more torque... Or I am a bit too much demanding ...
Under powered?? How fast d'ya drive?

Im running 19" and im just a 523i and i find that the power is sufficient for day to day driving in HK. Of course, if i was racing on the track then totally agree with you....

Hmm... If you wanted power then should of gone for a bigger engine size! No replacemement for displacement, remember!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by etchu
for those who knows about my searches for a 2nd car, deal is sealed.
ET you have beaten me to it, congrat man! ????! When can I guest a ride?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Never say never man...

Originally Posted by billhk
what's all this doomsday stuff????
is Sir F.J. Cool J having a breakdown because he still hasn't got his 19inch rims???

SB is a really nice mod, i really enjoyed it, i never had a problem with it, but in view of the current Toyota
pedal things, don't buy a SB to fit on a Toyota/Lexus or you will be in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

German products from BMW,MB and Audi are usually very safe!!!!!!!!!

The following are the bad ones:

Suzuki SJ jeeps tipping over 1980's, deaths
Ford jeep+firestone tyres tipping over,deaths and denial
Toyota pedal problems, deaths and denial

knowing that all the above went downhill, Toyota will do the same, Ford recently found their mojo and
are back to their best, i like that new RS Focus!!!!!!! KC that car has your name on it and in lime green!!

i don't trust today's toyota, and will never buy one, I had a Mk1 MR2 and it broke down with a burst
head gasket.......had a Honda Prelude, broken gearbox, RS Cosworth -leaking and seized gearbox.........
Honda stream-broken shocks, my neibour bought a lemon Mazda MPV and sold it 3months later (it was in the dealers for 2.5months)and now has an Alfa, and thats brave!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

thanks, better do it before I surrender to all the opinions from women around me about getting a 7seater as 2nd car!
I think you made a great choice... this is truely a great equation...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

true, but probably won't be fast on no.3 as well. I am a slow driver, just want a car that look fast when parked.
Remember to plunge the throttle a few times while on "P" gear after you finished parking... This is more what we pay for than that thrille on high speed, isn't it?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Under powered?? How fast d'ya drive?

Im running 19" and im just a 523i and i find that the power is sufficient for day to day driving in HK. Of course, if i was racing on the track then totally agree with you....

Hmm... If you wanted power then should of gone for a bigger engine size! No replacemement for displacement, remember!!!!!!
Hmm ... spirited driving once in a while ... hmm ... I didn't looked at the speedo tho ... maybe it's fast enough ... err ... ignore my message please!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum